X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hoshwazy
    replied
    Sent email

Hey Jake, I shot you an email. I saw you were in the middle of moving shops so I figured it may take some time to reply but just giving you a heads up of my interest. Thanks for all your hard work!

Leave a comment:

• Balleristic31
    replied
    Just put down my deposit! Extremely excited!!! :D

Build thread to follow!

Leave a comment:

• slowmoe30
    replied
    I've also emailed back and forth with jakeb for a bit regarding a kit customized for a Garrett GT2554R, in case anyone was curious about using that particular turbo..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Balleristic31
    replied
    Just sent you an email Jake. Hope we can get the ball rolling on this!

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    A T3/T4 50trim would be a good upgrade if you were looking for more power. A tune to match the increased airflow would most likely be required as well.

Leave a comment:

• slowmoe30
    replied
    Did some digging for more info:

T-Series T3 60-Trim
    Model: Garrett TB0350
    PNs: 466800-5005 / 466800-5005S

Journal Bearings
    Supports up to 250hp

466800-0005 part list from Garrett by Turbomaster sl, Spain's official distributor for Garrett, Holset and TiAL Turbocompressors
    Last edited by slowmoe30; 12-21-2017, 10:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied

Leave a comment:

• slowmoe30
    replied
    In anticipation of the model numbers, a link to help understand what it means

Leave a comment:

• jakeb
    replied
    yup still in Michigan.

I can pull the part number. I actually have one on the shelf that isn't needed if anyone is looking for one.

Leave a comment:

• slowmoe30
    replied
    Originally posted by dpmcdonald View Post
    Nice! Do you have a part number for both Garrett options? 42/48 and t3 60mm?

Any updates on this? What Garrett Turbo PNs are offered in the upgrade option?

Leave a comment:

• slowmoe30
    replied
    I meant why would anyone not do the turbo. I see the ambiguity now.
    What I've heard on turbo + ITBs makes sense; the ITB kit wasn't designed or tuned for anything but NA.

JakeB you still in Michigan?

Leave a comment:

• econti
    replied
    The ITBs will hold small boost but need work to cope with more psi.
    I would not recommend it

Leave a comment:

• slowmoe30
    replied
    Makes sense.

After reading and reading all I can think of is "why would anyone NOT do this"
    Now I'm looking at springtime for this if I can get over cutting the headlight bracket and valence..

I feel bad that I barely put any miles on the MarkD chip

Also in case anyone caught on something idiotic I said..
    Upgraded (Head) bolts, not studs.

Leave a comment:

• wazzu70
    replied
    Originally posted by slowmoe30 View Post
    I ask too many questions:
    For this build is it sensible to pair this with the RHD/lambertius ITB kit, or is the money for the ITB kit better spent on augmenting this turbo setup (stronger studs, more boost, new tune..)?
    The ITB kit looks like it could package nicely now that the AFM assembly is moved out of the way, with minimal charge piping changes..

With the turbo kit offering a tune in the form of a chip (or so it seems from the images), and the ITB kit allegedly working with stock ECU, might I still be good with the turbo tune or am I stretching the capabilities of the stock ECU?

Might be one of those combos that just have to be put on and see what happens..

m42club ITB kit thread:
    http://www.m42club.com/forum/index.p...&topic=18442.0
    The RHD ITB kit is awesome, but I think in this case your money would be better spent on the turbo system. Either a better turbo or a standalone ECU would allow you to get a lot more improvement for the money.

Leave a comment:

• kwill22
    replied
    Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
    Wow I just realized my interest in this goes all the way back to 2012 :o. Jake you will be receiving an email from me after the holidays to hopefully get the ball rolling on a kit. :up:
    I'm right there with you man. Trying to get mine ready for next year too. Been looking at it for a few years

Leave a comment:

Working...
X