No announcement yet.

M42 coolant leak - 91 318i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Profile gasket will result in water in the oil, not likely the other way around, but it could leak out the back and dump coolant without getting any in the oil. If you've got oil and foam coming out of the bleeder it's more likely a head gasket or cracked head issue, if you have a blown head gasket or a cracked head the pressure could blow the profile gasket out.

IG @turbovarg
    '91 318is, M20 turbo
    [CoTM: 4-18]
    '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
    - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
      Profile gasket will result in water in the oil, not likely the other way around, but it could leak out the back and dump coolant without getting any in the oil. If you've got oil and foam coming out of the bleeder it's more likely a head gasket or cracked head issue, if you have a blown head gasket or a cracked head the pressure could blow the profile gasket out.
      It might be a HG but I'm skeptical. The car allegedly only has 94k on it and I'm showing no white smoke, no coolant in the oil, no over heating, and the motor is running fine other than dumping coolant.

I pulled the thermostat housing off tonight and had a look inside. The gasket is really spongy/rubbery but it seems to be mostly there. These are the best pics I could get with my mobile. This look normal or am I fukd?

"Not putting miles on your M3 is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend..." -Someone Awesome

Comment

Working...
      X