Vibration at crank pulley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibration at crank pulley

Is this too much vibration at idle? It stabilizes when under load. Any idea what could be causing this and what implications it could have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by iPee; 09-13-2017, 04:24 PM.

I assume M42 pulleys have the layer of rubber between the two surfaces like most.

what you are seeing is this rubber flexing. There is probably a spec for it, but i would think if you can see it....it might be time for a new pulley?

Comment

The crank damper has a rubber ring (since it is a damper), but the rest of the pulleys bolt directly onto the crank (effectively, actually through a flange which is clamped on by the big 22mm bolt).

It is a little hard to tell from the video, but it does look like the pulleys with the belts are wobbling. That is NOT normal. Maybe consider removing the belts and getting in there to check all of the bolts holding the pulleys.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Originally posted by bmwman91 View Post
        The crank damper has a rubber ring (since it is a damper), but the rest of the pulleys bolt directly onto the crank (effectively, actually through a flange which is clamped on by the big 22mm bolt).

It is a little hard to tell from the video, but it does look like the pulleys with the belts are wobbling. That is NOT normal. Maybe consider removing the belts and getting in there to check all of the bolts holding the pulleys.

Like the pulleys for the ac, power steering, water pump, and alternator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah. Those are supposed to be rigidly fixed to the crank and should not wobble at all.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

Working...
          X