FX Racing Clutch Kit Quality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FX Racing Clutch Kit Quality

I recently purchased this clutch kit off of gripforceclutches on eBay thinking it contained all SACHS parts. Upon further reading I found that only the pressure plate is SACHS branded with the rest of the parts being FX Racing. Can anyone speak to the quality of FC Racing parts? I am doing the clutch replacement at home on my daily driver and want to make sure I get the best possible parts as I don’t want to have to do this repair multiple times.

I mean at least the pressure plate is from someone reputable. I've never heard of FX but to call it a racing clutch seems a bit far fetched. Id be surprised if the clamp load is more than factory on that. On a daily I am sure it will be fine tho but usually what separates a normal clutch from a heavy duty is more clamp load and the disc rarely changes between the two when its organic. FX throw out bearing is a bit of a gamble, id prefer OEM/OE supplier. Such a pain in the ass to replace if it gets noisy.
    Boris - 89 E30 325i
    84- E30 323i

Comment

Tons of folks have used FX clutches with good success. I personally know of 2-3 people using them in their cars and driving them hard.

Do yourself a favor now and get a Sachs TOB and Pilot bearing, though.
      Last edited by AWDBOB; 08-21-2023, 03:04 PM.
      1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
      1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

The pressure plate maybe a Sachs, but that doesn't mean it's the stock unit. It could be from another BMW or another brand, but fits and has a higher clamping force.

Comment

I ran an FX350 in a track car for a while, didn't have any issues with it until I eventually smoked it due to a failed rear main seal spewing oil into the bell housing.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
          X