Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DSSR, worth if if switching to all delrin bushings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DSSR, worth if if switching to all delrin bushings?

From a physics standpoint i understand the benefit of a DSSR with the rubber bushings. When using delrin or polly bushings, it would follow that the benefits of a DSSR would be greatly reduced. This is not only because the stiffer bushings will benefit less from the extra support on the side but also because the reduction in deformation during use due to the increased stiffness will prolong their life.

Is it still worth the $80-$130 to buy the DSSR still?
    1987 325i Convertible
    2015 Fiesta SFE: 1.0L of 'Woah, is that torque under 2k?'

Depends on how ham fisted you are. I've heard of the oem stamped ones bending. I'm looking to get a dssr cuz I get too excited in the moment.
    Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

I don't think it's worth it at all. Once all of the wear items are replaced, most of the play you encounter is inside the transmission itself. If you have one of these transmissions outside of the car, put it in gear and you'll see that the selector shaft still rotates a bit, this is the reason for the side to side play the shifter has while in gear. No amount of high-dollar shifter parts will fix it, and you really would have to put an excessive amount of force on the shifter to twist the part of the linkage that the DSSR replaces.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Working...
      X