correct way to install clutch disc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

correct way to install clutch disc?

I have searched but nothing seem to be clear. This is how I got it installed. By the way, its a single mass flywheel m20b25.

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by mr.vang; 08-19-2016, 10:08 AM.
    Bought parts from me before? leave your feedback here

anyone?

Comment

That's right. Nearly every disc I've seen is marked "flywheel side" or "gearbox side" on the center somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by PKile View Post
        That's right. Nearly every disc I've seen is marked "flywheel side" or "gearbox side" on the center somewhere.
        It has some German words on it. I'm not sure if that's it or not. It's my first clutch installation so I'm a noob at this. Thanks though.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Comment

One side of it should be marked clearly with flywheel or gearbox. You do not want to get it on backwards, it does not come off easily.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
          Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Yeah, that's right- springs go into the cover, not the flywheel.

Getriebegehäusetreibe or something like that means gearbox side.

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I will mount the transmission today. Hopefully everything goes well.

Comment

Let us know how it goes, I need to do the same soon

Comment

how'd it all go?
                  going to be trying a auto -> manual swap next week... kinda scared, but should be great learning experience :D

Comment

Originally posted by Waffle cone View Post
                    how'd it all go?
                    going to be trying a auto -> manual swap next week... kinda scared, but should be great learning experience :D
                    I got the transmission on but I haven't drop the motor in the engine bay yet as I'm still waiting for my e36 steering rack to get here.

One thing I did learned when putting the flywheel on, you have to buy new bolts that have sealant on them or used old one and add the thread sealant on. Oil will leak through the bolt if no thread sealant is not used.

Overall, it's a good experience and everything went smoothly.

Comment

That's right about getting the right bolts.... manual flywheel bolts are longer than the automatic's.

Comment

Working...
                      X