Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not find Sachs clutch and flywheel bolts

Hey guys,

Making a list of what parts i need for my soon to be E30 325i.

The Sachs clutch and OE/OEM flywheel bolts are the only two items on my list that i can not find. Dealership claims "ended", online parts store have LUK and Valeo clutch kits.

Heard mixed reviews about LUK, what about Valeo? they are also OE clutch makers for BMW if i am not mistaken.

Anywhere to source Flywheel bolts in Europe?

Thank you.

You could always use any standard 12.9 grade bolts with loctite. Nothing special about BMW bolts besides being OEM (but please correct me if I'm wrong.)
    Budget E30 Parts - Used and Reconditioned parts for your BMW

Comment

Originally posted by Andre3127 View Post
      You could always use any standard 12.9 grade bolts with loctite. Nothing special about BMW bolts besides being OEM (but please correct me if I'm wrong.)
      I was considering this as a last resort, really do not want to re-use the bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by S.J.1981 View Post
        I was considering this as a last resort, really do not want to re-use the bolts.
        Dont reuse the bolts, but using off the shelf 12.9 bolts isn't a last resort.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Comment

Pls specify in the Bentley manual where it says not to re-use those bolts.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
            Pls specify in the Bentley manual where it says not to re-use those bolts.
            It probably doesnt. But, I wouldn't reuse them. Cheap insurance against the price and headache of having to potentially replace them if they failed.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Comment

Each to their own. Waste of money and heartache trying to buy new ones. I've no problem reusing them. Bit of wire brush to remove the old lock tite. Good as new.

Comment

Luk and Valeo will both be fine, although some people have reported some oddities of late. I'd just inspect the clutch and make sure it will work.

As to bolts, they are not TTY, so you can reuse them, but I think you should replace them just to be certain. The P/N I see for FW bolts is 11222243051 (M12x1.5x50 full thread), and they are readily available. Link for reference: https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/catn-ol?q=11222243051

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                  Luk and Valeo will both be fine, although some people have reported some oddities of late. I'd just inspect the clutch and make sure it will work.

As to bolts, they are not TTY, so you can reuse them, but I think you should replace them just to be certain. The P/N I see for FW bolts is 11222243051 (M12x1.5x50 full thread), and they are readily available. Link for reference: https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/catn-ol?q=11222243051
                  are you sure? 50mm? I think they are 28mm, p/n 11227805885 and should be available. ARP makes them fw bolts in that size too, if I recall

OP, what year is your e30?

Comment

11227805885 is the correct part number, M12x1.5x28. That other part number is for dual mass flywheels I believe.

They also aren't regular bolts. They have a short head so as not to interfer with the clutch disk.

Comment

Bolts are M12 x 1.5 x 28

For my 1990 E30 325i 4 door it says "ended", however i found this part:

This applies to the E30 325i touring and cabrio and the same size. I am considering ordering these, they are in stock and since the size is the same...it should be fine right?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewBird View Post
                        11227805885 is the correct part number, M12x1.5x28. That other part number is for dual mass flywheels I believe.

They also aren't regular bolts. They have a short head so as not to interfer with the clutch disk.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...t/11227805885/
                        This is the part number for my vehicle according to the chassis code:

It is also M12 x 1.5 x 28mm yet "ended"

11227805885 is available and the same size, ECS tuning says they will fit.

Comment

Thank you, i have been speaking with several Mini guys that switched to Valeo and reported a much lighter clutch pedal, a few have even been using Valeo clutch on track days for 2+ years and no noise/slip/issues. As you mentioned, i will inspect the kit (as one does with any new part) before moving forwards.

Comment

The last few things I got from Sachs said 'Made in China' on the box, so
                            I'm starting to get depressed about that. Valeo is ok for a daily driver,
                            and LUK seems to be a bit tougher than Valeo, but that's subjective.

I have never replaced flywheel bolts or pressure plate bolts, and I do race
                            the damned things. At this point, I would worry more about counterfeit
                            fasteners than anything except a damaged stock bolt.

But yeah, using any genuine BMW flywheel bolt that matches your dimensions is
                            a pretty safe bet. They are pretty overengineered for what they're doing. Whatever
                            you do, make sure they have sealant on the threads- BMW specifies a threadlocker,
                            and I am careful to use it.
                            Because I HAVE seen one or 2 come loose...

hth
                            t
                            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Box of parts arrived, included the Valeco Clutch kit.

Throw out bearing does not rattle or make any noises as i shook it, i did this because i some some videos on youtube how LUK TOBs rattle when new. Nice and solid TOB, pressure plate looks alright and so does the clutch. Though, i must say, the friction material looks a bit thin for my taste, but i never did a clutch job before and all clutches i have seen were worn or broken.

New slave cylinder and line also ordered, along with new transmission rear seal, selector shaft seal, input shaft seal, rear engine main seal, main seal housing gasket, pilot bearing etc.

Need to pick up new flywheel bolts from BMW, and those bushings for the selector shafts/shift linkage. Thursday i booked the DIY garage for the suspension (Bilstein Sport plus B8 dampers all round + H&R Sport springs), new mounts, rear reinforcement plates, all new wheel bearings etc etc.

If that goes well, then Saturday i will take out the transmission, have it resealed (new transmission mounts as well), rear engine seal-ing and new clutch.

Comment

Working...
                              X