Turbo 5.0 Swapped e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
    Dude so you might wanna look into getting a second diff mount or switching to an e36 diff cover... the "ear" that holds the bushing in broke clean in half on my car Friday night.
    I tried some quick Google search terms. Does the e36 cover bolt up? I found a few pictures of the setup but all of them had a lot of fab work involved.

Comment

The cover does bolt right on, but it's far from a standard swap. IMO as long as you do the bracket right it'd be stronger than an add-on mount. Vorshlag's seems to be my favorite so far

Comment

That's a really simple bracket. If I ever decide to do a cage or fuel cell I would consider that setup since I'd be ripping out the rear floor anyway. I want to get under the car with the fab guy at shop and have him throw ideas at it.

I still want to add camber/caster and stiff bushings in the rear. I'm tired of spending money though, I have 2 other vehicles and tuition to pay so I'm going to order a helmet and get out on the track. Having a "race" car is fucking expensive.

Comment

I know what you mean - I feel like a vegas gambler who keeps on playing, despite losing badly, with the mindset of 'well I minus well keep on going since I'm this deep already'

Comment

For those that wanted a picture of the pedal clearance with the wilwood clutch hydraulic kit. I did move the fuse box and headlight harness over an inch and bolted the pedal as far to the left as I could. Firewall was reinforced with a 1/8th inch plate, otherwise it would flex too much.
            Attached Files

Comment

How are the axles holding up?

Comment

Working...
              X