• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A littlw fun after work

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

[yt]SfkdhHlL2dQ[/yt]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sweet car bro. If you keep having problems with the wilwood pull slave (which I did... went through three of those suckers. Kept failing on me) switch to a push slave. O-rings are junk for this application. Either get a hydraulic TOB or this:

http://www.rosehillperformanceparts...._Page.htm#-:T5 Hydraulic Clutch Bracket Kit:-

which has worked pretty good for me.

So how's that summit radiator been working for you? Keeping your setup cool?

Comment

Jalopi, im using thewilwood clutch hydraulic kit suggested by Matt Wagner (E30V8.com)

It's a nice because you get a pedal, master and a slave cylinder. It does have issues though, first the pushrod backed out on me and caused the oring to leak. it used loctite green and I've been ok so far. Second issue I had was the way the slave was mounted. In the e30v8 manual it tells you to mount the slave straight up against the bullhousing. With the clutch engaged, the angle of the a pushrod is loaded to one side more than the other. That also causes the oring to leak.

Earlier in the post I have pictures of the bracket I made to have the heim joint take care of any side load with the clutch disengaged.

The radiator Is a beast. My drive home Is 30 minutes In stop and go traffic. I don't turn my fans on at all and it's never seen over 200degrees. I do have an electric water pump and my thermostat is punched out.

Comment

Yeah, the misalignment under load is why my slaves kept failing (rod ended up rubbing the housing to worthlessness).

Did you do anything to make the pedals further apart? I've got the same setup and been considering taking the pedal to a shop that does aluminum welding to see if they can move the pedal pad over or something... the clutch and brake are wayyy to close together.

I wish I had known about the summit radiator earlier... it's a much cheaper alternative to the z3m mishimoto radiator I have. Granted, it keeps the car cool as ice, but it's way too thick imo and dealing with the crossover tube sucks.

Comment

Yea forgot to address that in my last post. I moved my fuse box harness over and reinforced the firewall with 1/8th sheet metal. Clearance between pedals isn't too bad. I'll post pictures when I get get a chance. I really like the way the pedal feels. Not too stiff and not too soft.

Comment

Aaah, I was wondering why you had a picture of a relocated fuse box. Makes sense now.

And yes, the master cylinder & slave sizes work together quite well. People find it hard to believe I have a heavy duty pressure plate when they drive my car :)

Comment

Soo last week I found out I ordered a 28oz crankshaft when I rebuilt my motor. The balancer and flywheel are both 50oz. I'll get some pictures this weekend when I swap everything over to 28oz balance.

I also promised pictures of my pedals.

Comment

Know what motor you have. Very important. Pretty sure i stuck a general imbalance break down in the first page of the 5.0 faq. I cant remember.

Comment

Originally posted by eurotrash View Post
                    Know what motor you have. Very important. Pretty sure i stuck a general imbalance break down in the first page of the 5.0 faq. I cant remember.
                    It started off as a 50oz motor. When it was time to order parts I swear I searched over and over just to make sure I was getting the right stuff. maybe I just clicked on the wrong part and didn't pay attention. During the build I just assumed everything was correct.

I assembled everything and I noticed a vibration at certain RPM'S, sure enough I went through my receipts and that's when I realized I fcked up.

Comment

Lol holy shit, guess it all could've ended much worse though.

FYI

for some reason ordering parts for the 302 is kinda convoluted on summit racing (which is where I assume you bought your parts, since everyone buys there) so instead of buying parts for the engine, I buy parts for mustangs. Much much easier. Automatically gets rid of the options for 2 piece rear main cranks and 28 oz balancers and shit like that.

Comment

any info on how to wire to get this beast started?

Comment

Originally posted by manjambles View Post
                          any info on how to wire to get this beast started?
                          Sorry bro I used the info in the e30v8 guide to wire my swap. It saved me the headache of running around for answers.

on another note, I blew up another axle this weekend. This one took a shit during a 1st- 2nd shift. This is the 5th axle. I don't know how you other guys aren't having the same issues with these sorry ass axles.

Comment

How sticky are your rear tires?

Comment

They're cheap Falken 912. 225 width. This is the second time one has failed between shifts. I'm officially saving for DSS axles...fuck..

Comment

You've been having bad luck man, I'd chalk it up to that. I've been to a few drift events and a few thousand street miles on the stock axles, no problems... yet

Comment

Working...
                                X