No announcement yet.

Turbo 5.0 Swapped e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great job ... been considering this swap myself.

Comment

Nice work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      sigpic
      323i MTEC1
      Z3 coupe
      E60 M5

Comment

Originally posted by omarquez510 View Post
        Sorry bro I used the info in the e30v8 guide to wire my swap. It saved me the headache of running around for answers.

on another note, I blew up another axle this weekend. This one took a shit during a 1st- 2nd shift. This is the 5th axle. I don't know how you other guys aren't having the same issues with these sorry ass axles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
        Is that a parts store reman? They're made of cheese. Go to the junk yard, get an original BMW axle.

Comment

Yea that axle was from a parts store. It was listed as new though. I actually installed it and broke in on a test drive. I was rolling in first and floored it. all axles have failed at the inner cv joint

I ended up going to the junkyard and pulling one from a 175k mile car. I am going to baby it until I can afford DSS axles. Sucks because I was under the impression stock axles would handle some power. My setup probably makes 300whp.

Comment

If the BMW axle aftermarket is anything like the GM axle aftermarket, the aftermarket axles are trash, but the OE axles can take some heat. A Fiero is better off with 200K OE axles with new grease and boots than it is with brand new parts store axles.

Comment

I'm probably in the same power range as you, still haven't broken my OE axles.... hopefully I'm not jinxing myself

Comment

I've learned what I can and cant do with stock axles. I've broken stock and aftermarket axles. I tried a few different brands. The a1 cardones were the worst. The splines had to be filed down. The threads had to be cleaned. It was a nightmare.

Jalopi take It to 3-5k and dump the clutch. My axle broke before my 225's broke loose -_-

Comment

CA tuned sells hd axles not for much then stock ones go for. Get in touch with igor, i don't believe they are listed on their site.

Rated to 750 iirc

4340 chromolly made in the USA

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
                  -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Originally posted by FLG View Post
                    CA tuned sells hd axles not for much then stock ones go for. Get in touch with igor, i don't believe they are listed on their site.

Rated to 750 iirc

4340 chromolly made in the USA

You are my hero, I called them and they actually stock them. Best part is they are local and they are reasonably priced. I can't believe I haven't heard of catuned building axles.

Comment

They aren't on their website
                      Any more info on them?

mtech1/2jzgte/r154/275tire
                      function>form

Comment

Here ya go bud!

-Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

Huh. Much more reasonably priced than the DSS axles

Comment

They just added those to the website. FLG thanks for that hook up

Comment

Thank you catuned. I got around to installing the axles from catuned. I knocked them out during my lunch break. I was hella tired of getting my car towed and having to replace other axles that didn't stand a chance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407198884088.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	7168748

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407198856513.jpg
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	7168747

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1407198519511.jpg
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	7168746

Comment

Dude so you might wanna look into getting a second diff mount or switching to an e36 diff cover... the "ear" that holds the bushing in broke clean in half on my car Friday night.

Comment

Working...
                                X