X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will be here tomorrow.
    sigpic

Comment

jeez, well that took long enough, didn't it?

so i haven't COMPLETELY thrown the towel in for the ford engines quite yet. i need to do some research on the ford racing 9.5" based blocks and see if they have the same short cylinder issues that the 8.2" block has. if they don't i can just buy one and have it delivered within a week and best of all, no primadonnas to deal with :)

Comment

Yeah it took a while, but I couldn't have really done anything with it until about two weeks ago. I just hope to hear it go vroom this weekend.
        sigpic

Comment

remind me what you did again? 347?

Comment

Yeah.
            sigpic

Comment

nice. that couldn't have been cheap... aren't you afraid of the whole lemons "we can forcefully destroy/purchase your car per contractual obligations" thing?

on a side note, i don't know why i didn't think of this before, but i just found out that dart makes their own shortblocks. no idea if they actually build good engines, though i don't see why they wouldn't considering their blocks are so nice

bit expensive ($5900) but that includes shipping through summit racing. the 363 is closer to woody's pricing (about $5100). both seem to ship within two weeks though and summit does not fuck around when it comes to customer service. think this might be the option i go with when i do my next swap

Comment

Yeah I didn't know that either.

Regarding the budget thing- they don't actually do that. I'll take my million penalty laps and go play with everyone else. No big deal.
                sigpic

Comment

fair enough, guess i can't argue with that logic

kinda funny to think that your drivetrain is gonna be worth seven times what the whole car is supposed to cost

Comment

Man I would be so happy if it were only 7x!
                    sigpic

Comment

lol... incoming lemons lap record

Comment

Maybe, a newish GTO got either two or four billion at a race once.
                        sigpic

Comment

Sorry to kind of hijack this thread, but after all of my reading in it thus far does anyone happen to know dimensions for motor mounts and trans-member so that I can start to fab mine up?

Thanks and great write up....will certainly be referencing this later.

Comment

Originally posted by steel330i View Post
                            Sorry to kind of hijack this thread, but after all of my reading in it thus far does anyone happen to know dimensions for motor mounts and trans-member so that I can start to fab mine up?

Thanks and great write up....will certainly be referencing this later.
                            E30v8.com sells motor mounts and trans crossmembers. Will be dropping mine in in January! Will tell you how they fit then

Comment

Originally posted by Zanderr View Post
                              E30v8.com sells motor mounts and trans crossmembers. Will be dropping mine in in January! Will tell you how they fit then
                              I had to drill a new hole in the driver side arm to motor mount because the existing one was almost a whole inch off.

Their quality control is very meh but drilling one hole is a hell of a lot easier than fabricating the mounts!

Comment

That's kinda good to hear! This week has been -40 and I ran out of diesel for my reddyheater so progress on my end has been null haha are you going carb or efi? Tempted to start a new thread

Comment

Working...
                                X