No announcement yet.

*Updated & only kinda shitty now!* The definitive 5.0/302 swap guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how cheap you've found yours for, but when I got mine they were $40 a pop

Comment

You can find them on eBay from $5 and up

Comment

goddamit

Comment

Finally tore into it. Pretty spectacular....

sigpic

Comment

mother of fuck dude, EVERYTHING is ruined :(

though at least it doesn't look like your shit blew up due to an oiling issue, otherwise i'd think it would've affected 1&5 instead of 4&8. bet one of the bearings spun and everything went to shit from there

Comment

What gets me though is every rod and main bearing showed copper, and in most cases lots of it.
              sigpic

Comment

well how much longer did you keep moving after the drop in pressure/loud bang? probably after the initial kerplosion the crank went all 'fuck yo couch' real quick & hard on the other bearings. just a guess though.

also, how do you have your exhaust routed? might wanna make a custom drivers' side header. when i was looking into doing a 302 240sx i found out those have to use a front sump too. difference being is that it's not ridiculously hard to send the exhaust the right way. in any case, there's a "pro" drifter that has this setup and he sells kits. the pan is apparently 7qts and it works just fine for him. no mention of other oiling mods

but shit, the kickouts aren't that wide, maybe you can still wrap the exhaust around that way.

one thing i did remember when i had a subscription to SBFbuilding.com was that you wanna make sure the oil pump pickup only has about .5" of clearance between the bottom of the pan. woody specifically mentioned this as being super important, yet overlooked, as if it's more than .5" you can have issues of sucking up air

Comment

Dry sump'ing is still planned. Hopefully no more worrying about that nonsense.
                  sigpic

Comment

o yea forgot about that. so what are you planning on doing, putting the radiator in the trunk? or cutting out the core support and doing something custom?

Comment

Core support was cut long, long ago. I've got plenty of room now.
                      sigpic

Comment

lol forgot this was a lemons car. how much do you think you'll have to bribe the officials to overlook the cost of the dry sump stuff?

Comment

Doesn't matter at this point lol
                          sigpic

Comment

so how does it work if they're like "we're buying yo car". do you still get 30 minutes to pull shit off of it, like when they wanna crush it? does that kinda thing actually happen?

Comment

Doesn't happen, the buying or the crushing. I'll show up, take my laps, and go race. I can't go long enough on fuel for it to matter anyway. If you can't run a minimum 2 hrs 30 mins on fuel, you're not in contention to win. I may even print my actual receipt from fordstrokers to show them :) I'm well beyond the giving a fuck about the budget stage at this point.
                              sigpic

Comment

also, that is a wicked spoiler

Comment

Working...
                                X