• Show
Clear All

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• P Arkus
    replied
    That's awesome! Congrats on getting her running!

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Maston came down, and we got the brakes bled, clutch bled, double checked everything, filled the diff, put the hood on....

Woo! First drive! Still needs o2 sensors and exhaust, but I got to drive it!
    BMW E30 M60 swap first drive. Today Maston and I got the brakes bled, the clutch bleed, and a few other small things buttoned up. Decided to take it for its ...

Still waiting for.the M5 slave, then hopefully next week, we will get the exhaust put on it. Pending that the self burping cooling system actually does such, and I don't have cooling issues, it will be at the picnic under its own power!
    Last edited by delamaize; 12-01-2017, 11:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Got a metric shit ton of little shit done on the M60 swap today. Mostly wrapped up little stuff.

Got the wiring harness adapter shortened, covered, and cleaned up.

Wired up the fan to a factory button in the cab. (just until I figure out how I'm going to wire it for auto.

Modified the orginal wiring guide from the fan cover, to hold a power wire, and the overflow line.

Made a bracket to hold the MAF.

made a bracket for the Diagnosis connedtor.

then finally got motivated to get most of the body put back together. I left the hood off for now.

Getting so much closer....
    Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 09:45 PM. Reason: I have now wasted 3 hours of my life transferring all these pictures off Photobucket. Fuck you photobucket.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Originally posted by delamaize View Post
    Tonights Update:

Fuck Brake lines.

That is all.
    Ok, now that I have had some time to calm down, and potentially fix the issue, I'll elaborate.

When Maston and I were bleeding the brakes, we found that almost every flair I made was wrong, and they all were leaking. Long story short, I had to redo all of them, except 2, Destroyed 2 fittings in the process, damn near stripped one of my master cylinders, and learned the hard way that a cheap flair tool makes shitty flares.

In the process of doing all this, I had to reroute the main lines coming off the master cylinders. Good news is, If the splices leak again, the new routing will allow me to do one piece lines, where the old routing wouldn't. Hopefully, here in the next few days, My M5 slave will be here, and that will allow me to get the clutch working right, and Hopefully getting the brakes bled will allow me to drive it a little for the first time. Then off to have the exhaust put on it.

27 days 'till Picnic.....

Leave a comment:

• jpod999
    replied
    Got the valley pan gasket replaced today, Maston I did some digging and found a few vacuum leaks. Running a lot better now. 29 days to picnic at this rate I'll make it.

Sounds so awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Tonights Update:

Fuck Brake lines.

That is all.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Got the valley pan gasket replaced today, Maston I did some digging and found a few vacuum leaks. Running a lot better now. 29 days to picnic at this rate I'll make it.

Maston and I found a few vacuum leaks, after replacing valley tray gasket. A lot better now.
    Last edited by delamaize; 12-01-2017, 11:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    Damn that sucks! I'd recommend getting all new bolts for the valley pan also, mine were super corroded.
    I had thought about it, but all of mine look damn near brand new, so I skipped it. Between now, and when the parts come in I might change my mind....

Leave a comment:

• jpod999
    replied
    Overall, tonight was a case of One step forward, 2 steps back. when I was filling it with coolant, It started puking fluid out the back of the motor. Valley tray gasket is shot. I thought I had replaced it when I had the motor apart. Ended up dumping a lot of expensive radiator fluid on the ground. Oh well, time to order more parts....
    Damn that sucks! I'd recommend getting all new bolts for the valley pan also, mine were super corroded.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
    Awesome, it's all down hill from here. We used the same location for our oil filter housing, did you run AN lines to it?
    Yeah, I used AN10 fittings, and had a local machine shop weld some male fittings on the ends of the stock lines. worked out pretty well.

Overall, tonight was a case of One step forward, 2 steps back. when I was filling it with coolant, It started puking fluid out the back of the motor. Valley tray gasket is shot. I thought I had replaced it when I had the motor apart. Ended up dumping a lot of expensive radiator fluid on the ground. Oh well, time to order more parts....

Leave a comment:

• Zacm829
    replied
    Awesome, it's all down hill from here. We used the same location for our oil filter housing, did you run AN lines to it?

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Video or it didn't happen right?
    This is the first start of my E30 with an M60 swap. At this point I still have no exhaust, and it will not idle. But it's a start

a lot of work left, but at least I know it runs....
    Last edited by delamaize; 12-01-2017, 11:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Congrats!

Leave a comment:

• jpod999
    replied
    HOLY SHIT! IT LIVES!
    It don't idle, but it lives!
    Hopefully video tomorrow.....
    Congrats!!