Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delamaize
    replied
    No new pictures, But Master cylinder reservoirs are mounted, remote Bias control cable attached and routed, Motor and tranny are back in, Clutch is plumbed, and fuel injectors, rail and fuel lines are all hooked back up. It's been a long few days....

Getting closer.....

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    I'm thinking about building my own harness again. I'd like some input from people that have done it before. Worth it or not? and how many plugs are still available from BMW?

Leave a comment:

• jpod999
    replied
    Originally posted by delamaize View Post
    There is marking on the pump, H, h, l, r and V

H is for Heck, witch is back in German, and upper case letters is input, Lower case is output.

V is for Vorderseite, Which is Front in German, Upper case letter is for Input, l and r are for left and right front circuits.
    Awesome thanks dude! I figured the markings meant something in German, I just couldn't figure out what.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    So I've got a question that's been bugging me for a while. You have two new brake hard lines going into the pump, one into the front and one into the back. Is the front line for the back or the front brakes?
    There is marking on the pump, H, h, l, r and V

H is for Heck, which is back in German, and upper case letters is input, Lower case is output.

V is for Vorderseite, Which is Front in German, Upper case letter is for Input, l and r are for left and right front circuits.
    Last edited by delamaize; 04-29-2016, 05:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jpod999
    replied
    So I've got a question that's been bugging me for a while. You have two new brake hard lines going into the pump, one into the front and one into the back. Is the front line for the back or the front brakes?

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    More Progress tonight. Yanked the motor and tranny out again, so I could get the brakes plumbed up, and replace the steering rack with a 330i one. I still need to get spacers, and new inner and outer tye rods.

Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 09:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    IS300 Accelerator life.

So I never liked the E30 accelerator, I had this one lying around from the IS300 parts car. I straitened out the bends on the cable end, rotated the cable connection 90 degrees, and put a rubber bushing in it to accept the BMW style cable, removed the weight, and spring. The bolt at the bottom of the steering column lined up with the bottom mount bolt on the IS300 pedal. I like it so far, I have not measured the throw, so I don't know if I need to bend it more, but just eyeballing it, I think I'm good.

Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 09:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    More shit happened this weekend, I got the transmission crossmember re-welded, and reinstalled, the motor and transmission are sitting on their own mounts now, Square, and strait. 10mm spacers worked out well. In addition, I made a shitty little shifting rod, to go with my shitty shifter, both of which work pretty damn well. If I can clean this shifter up, and get a buddy to turn me a replacement for the all-thread, I may just keep this less than legit mock up. Also, I know my welds look like shit, but I'm getting good penetration, and they seem to be strong.

Maston and I also got the Garagistic pedal box, and wilwood pedals installed. I still need to plumb the whole thing. In addition, we modified the Accelerator pedal, then had a thought, and I think I may be removing the orginial one, and retrofitting a IS300 one into the car, from the box of leftover parts from the IS300 parts car. It's a better pedal, and it will put the cable in a better position.

Shit's rolling, I am hoping to have the first start by the end of April, and hopefully on the road by the end of may.
    Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 09:06 PM. Reason: Photobucket will steal your kittens.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
    But it's too legit to quit...

Ha! Ultimately, I'm going to probably get the AKG DTM, like you have. For now, I got other things I should be spending the $370 on, Like a radiator. haha.

I pretty much planned on using this one to make a shifter linkage, then I was going to have a buddy turn me a real handle to replace the allthread. Once everything is good to go, it will get replaced.

But now, I'm in touch with the Ghetto side. haha

Leave a comment:

• MonkeyMadness
    replied
    Don't kid yourself, It's not, Not Legit at all. haha. It's a ghetto mock up, and it's not staying.
    But it's too legit to quit...

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Originally posted by MonkeyMadness View Post
    seems legit...
    Don't kid yourself, It's not, Not Legit at all. haha. It's a ghetto mock up, and it's not staying.

Leave a comment:

• MonkeyMadness
    replied
    Ghetto Shifter V1.0

seems legit...
    Last edited by MonkeyMadness; 04-05-2016, 07:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Engine and transmission are married together, and mocked up in the car again. I gotta rebuild the tranny cross member though, I didn't get to square enough. Also, I have been back and forth on getting a AKG DTM shifter. So I decided to build something similar, just as a mock up, I give you Ghetto Shifter V1.0

I have a buddy that might be able to turn me an actual shifter, rather than "all thread," the height is also still in the air, the plate that the bearing sits in is also just a temp thing. This is a proof of concept. Altogether, I am only about $35 into this mock up. I plan on making a larger, more robust plate for the bearing to sit in, and bolt to the tunnel. Also, the plate on the underside of the tunnel needs to be a lot bigger also. But for the moment, as a mock up, it works well.
    Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 09:04 PM. Reason: Photobucket will steal your soul.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Dumb things were done.

Maston and I have an different idea for a removable radiator support, so we are working though it right now. the nice thing is if our idea doesn't work, we can still just remove the whole thing and get a new one. to put in.

More things happened, we pulled the flex plate, and installed the UUC flywheel and new pilot bearing. Kinda sad that no one will ever see this flywheel, once it's in the car. It's so pretty.

We started putting the clutch on also, but we discovered that half the bolts from the M20B27 clutch were 8.8, and the others were 10.9, so this is as far as we got tonight. Maston lives close to a Tacoma screw, so he's going to pick up some 10.9 bolts to replace all the Pressure plate hardware.

The plan was to get the transmission married to the motor tonight, but without the pressure plate hardware, we are kinda stuck. Instead we installed the subframe spacers.

slowly we are getting there.
    Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 09:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• delamaize
    replied
    Maston came down this morning, before work, to help with some of the welding that needs to be done. Well I didn't have a good evening the night before I'm a firefighter, and we had a LONG night. He said he wanted to do something to "cheer me up." So he talked me into doing a test fit without the trans. Overall, we are looking good, It's not in the right mounting holes on the subframe, but it still looks pretty good. Once we get some areas marked we need to clearance, We will pull it back out, and get more done, like cleaning and painting the valve covers....

Last edited by delamaize; 07-09-2017, 10:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X