No announcement yet.

regular old m60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got some stuff done today before work. 88* Fan switch and 85* thermostat installed. Tensioner pulley bolted on. I tried to get the belt too but the person at oreillys didn't understand that even though the belt I needed wasn't for a bmw it was still the correct belt. And my alternator is all wired in. Slowly crossing stuff off the list. There should also be a few 180* bends in the mail for me to start my exhaust work

Comment

more work done last night after work. shifter assembly is all together, driveshaft is fully bolted back together, the heatsheild is back on, and i bolted my clutch hose to the slave. the shift arm i used is slightly off center, but in an effort to drive my car asap its no big deal. also my z4 shifter contacts my driveshaft on certain shifts, so i can either buy another shift selector or when i go to modify the carrier arm somehow lift the pivot cup. next up is tranny fluid flush. slowly chipping away

Comment

Keep it going! You are working quickly now!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
          Keep it going! You are working quickly now!
          My co-worker has never seen my car and he just put his 2 weeks in, so I told him I would drive my car to work before his last day so he could see it. Open headers or not...
          Tonight's fun

One man job
          And here's some from yesterday's work

Comment

Exhaust tubing and belt should be in tomorrow and Friday.

Comment

Tubing is in and belt is on! 7pk 1388 worked like a charm for a non power steering setup 😎

4 45*

4 180* and 16 feet total of straight 2.25.

Comment

Closer everyday

Comment

Made a simple/crude brake reservoir bracket out of some spare metal that will bolt to my strut tower. I think my power steering resi used to bolt there.

Accidentally bought the wrong size bolts so I couldn't install it together. Until tomorrow.

Comment

They stick up and out more than I'd like but I ain't sweatin' it.

Throttle cable is installed as well!

Comment

My list is looking mighty short these days.

Comment

X pipe resonators and o2 bungs are in the mail. Have plans to weld her up on sunday! Sure hope my buddy doesn't flake on me 😢

Comment

Hey bud, don;t think I saw your pedal setup? I'm having a problem with my clutch not engaging.

Specs on my build:

M60
                          E34 530i 5 speed
                          TTV Flywheel that adapts to 240mm clutch packs
                          E36 M3 clutch kit
                          Wilwood 5/8" or 3/4" master(leanin more towards 3/4")
                          E34 530i Clutch Slave.

Clutch does not quite engage even after rebleed & adjustment to the wilwood pedal setup. Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by csm-e30 View Post
                            Hey bud, don;t think I saw your pedal setup? I'm having a problem with my clutch not engaging.

Specs on my build:

M60
                            E34 530i 5 speed
                            TTV Flywheel that adapts to 240mm clutch packs
                            E36 M3 clutch kit
                            Wilwood 5/8" or 3/4" master(leanin more towards 3/4")
                            E34 530i Clutch Slave.

Clutch does not quite engage even after rebleed & adjustment to the wilwood pedal setup. Any tips?
                            Honestly man I don't even know if mine will work. My setup is based off of a lot of internet research lol.

E34 530I 5 speed
                            E34 530i slave cylinder
                            Wilwood 3/4 m/c
                            Jb racing e39 540i ltw flywheel
                            And some ebay e36 m52b28 clutch kit

I'm missing the line to connect the m/c to the slave so I haven't been able to test out my setup.

I'd suggest contacting ttv and see what they have to say.

Comment

havent lost momentum, just haven't posted on here in a while. updates in the next day or so. i have a truckload more parts coming in the mail so hopefully those arrive soon so i can flippin drive this thing already.

Comment

Got some exhaust work done! This is about from the shifter to just behind the axle.

Some miscellaneous odds and ends new tps, some radiator mounting stuff, and overflow tubing. Decided to give the 540 stuff a try and it seems to route nicely to the back of the engine compartment.

Made some brackets to rotate the oil filter. Planned on just pivoting the filter from the bottom bolt but the housing contacted the frame rail so I had to space it up about an inch

Terrible picture but you get the idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X