Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hows the progress going jpod999?

Comment

I got the throttle cable in- it almost seems a little short as there isn't much adjustment available. I guess we will see how it works when I start it up next.

I started to figure out all my shifter parts. Years ago I bought parts for an M20, seems like they will work perfectly with a little modification. I also ordered a bunch of shifter parts like the washers and clips- those should be here in about a week (I'm too cheap to pay for shipping :p )

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

i used a e34 530i throttle cable. works good.
        We're in deep now boys
        1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
        1988 340iL - Track car
        My M60 V8 swap thread here
        [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Updates ? :)

Do you have any pics of the passenger/driver side manifolds and the space around the v-band on the passenger side?

I massaged mine a bit to make some room, but want to see how much clearance you got on yours?
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

I haven't done much lately- we've been busy submitting an offer on a house, then retracting the offer, then looking for a rental property. It's been exhausting and stressful and I haven't been able to get myself out to the garage.

I did order a few small parts that I need for the radiator, so hopefully Thursday or Friday I'll be able to get it mounted up and plumbed to the water pump. I still need to deal with the expansion tank and heater core hoses though ugh.

I'll try and snap a shot, the car is still up in the air so it shouldn't be too difficult.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Sorry Jean, I totally forgot that I was supposed to get a photo of the exhaust clearance. I'll try and get to that today.

I got the radiator and pusher fan mounted up last night. I got the SPAL mounts that just clip into the fan and they are super sturdy. I need to trim the upper mounts and figure out how to wire it up!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

Well shit Jean. My passenger side is super close to the body too. Guess I’ll have to beat it in!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

Is this the mounting bracket (x4) you used?
                  We're in deep now boys
                  1988 340iL - Track car
                  [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Yup! Super easy.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                      Well shit Jean. My passenger side is super close to the body too. Guess I’ll have to beat it in!
                      LOL. It's fricking tight in there huh?!

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

We're in deep now boys
                        1988 340iL - Track car
                        [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Rofl!

Comment

I had a buddy shorten my shifter parts- M20 carrier, what I think is a 318ti selector rod, and M20 lever. It works well except that I can't get it into reverse or first. I'm wondering if it will work better with the clutch plumbed or if that will make absolutely no difference. I'm hoping for the former, suspecting the latter. Thinking I will swap out the M20 lever for the stock 540i lever to see if it has any effect.

But in other news, I'm moving this weekend so it's going to be a few weeks probably until I can get back underneath the car.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

not being able to use the clutch might be the problem. look under the car while someone is trying to shift, see if something is binding
                              We're in deep now boys
                              1988 340iL - Track car
                              [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                                not being able to use the clutch might be the problem. look under the car while someone is trying to shift, see if something is binding
                                Planning on doing that before I tear anything apart. Just been too busy with this move

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X