No announcement yet.

Project Overly Ambitious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The wife and the baby took a two hour nap together yesterday and I took the opportunity to go out to the garage. I got my shifter binding issue figured out and corrected it. I now have all gears. Later, my little dude met the E30.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

^^^ you need some comfort seats ! Remember--when outside
      Hat and socks at all times keep his ears covered !!
      Ahh thanksgiving in the garage.
      My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Haha that pic is adorable :o

Cool build as well ;)
        89' 325ix Diamantschwarz/Black rattle can...

Insta: r_moose_w

Originally posted by flyboyx
        I imagine her smelling like spoiled milk and having a half inch crust of doodoo circumnavigating her butthole.

Comment

+1 adorable picture
          '86 E30
          '05 E53 X5
          '72 Firebird
          '10 Prius
          '03 Tundra

Comment

So cute! I should try that with my 6mo old next time she needs a nap and I need car time :)

Comment

Project Overly Ambitious

Thanks everyone. Nothing more comfortable than an E30 Sport seat!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

Driveshaft is in! Just ordered parts that I hope will allow me to plumb the cooling system.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

Big moment today. I pulled the fuel hose off of the fuel filter and hot wired the pump to drain the tank of the two year old gas. I put four gallons of fresh Shell Premium, connected the DME and battery back up and turned the key. It cranked while it built pressure, then fired right up. The car moved under its own power for the first time since 2/21/16. I only inched it forwards and backwards a few inches, but it moves!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

Nice dude ! Congrats :) our cars are now twins , i drove mine around the block today :) Wait till you drive it and give it some gas ...
                    Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                      Big moment today. I pulled the fuel hose off of the fuel filter and hot wired the pump to drain the tank of the two year old gas. I put four gallons of fresh Shell Premium, connected the DME and battery back up and turned the key. It cranked while it built pressure, then fired right up. The car moved under its own power for the first time since 2/21/16. I only inched it forwards and backwards a few inches, but it moves!
                      Congrads man! It's an awesome feeling!!
                      Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                        Major milestone now buckle in the car seat and take everyone for a spin!👍
                        My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Thanks guys! The rest of my coolant hoses are supposed to be coming in soon so hopefully I can get that buttoned up, then I can let the thing idle. If I can’t piece something together I’ll just bite the bullet and get a 740i water pump with the extra outlet. I wish I had known about it a year and a half ago!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

say what? 740... extra outlet? What's the benefit of that?

also, congrats on the addition!
                            Originally posted by ebelements
                            Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Check my thread :) I posted detailed photos of it .

Last edited by Jean; 12-11-2017, 07:46 PM.
                              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

Your thread is really well detailed. I need to go through it while I finish up my swap. There's so many different ways to do this.

Im following a similar route to you with the pas side mounted coolant res.

In the thread you mentioned "The 740i pump that I was able to source won't work with the thermostat / housing from the 540i pump as the design is different there. Tomorrow I am picking up another thermostat housing, it will have a temp sensor on it as it's really for m62 cars. I'll see how easy it is to remove the sensor or maybe use it as a signal source for a redundant coolant temp sensor (in addition to the one in the cluster that will run from the back of the engine, on the rear water accumulator pipe)."

How did you remedy this? Apologies if this is a derailment from OP.
                                Originally posted by ebelements
                                Also, for those who don't know, negative camber is the greatest thing since sliced bread(panera). Even tire wear is for city busses and the elderly.

Comment

Working...
                                X