No announcement yet.

Project Snow White (LM4 Swap)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worked on the wiring some more this weekend. The harness is installed on the engine and in the car. Next step is to integrate the engine harness with the car's harness.

I had to extend all the wires coming from the driver side since the computer will be located on the passenger side.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	e30lsratsnest.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	7194243

All the connections needed were bundled together and separated

Name:	lse30wiring2.jpg
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	7194240

Name:	LSe30wiring.jpg
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	7194241

While running the harness to the trans, I noticed that there was brake fluid dripping from the bell housing.
    Looks like I'll be pulling everything back out. :down:

Name:	lse30leak.jpg
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	7194242
    Last edited by sgtskid; 02-28-2018, 09:40 PM.
    Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
    '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
    Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
    1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
    Check us out
    Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Taking the car tomorrow morning for exhaust and I have a buddy coming over Sunday to help finish the wiring (hopefully). It's getting so close, I can almost hear it.

Name:	20170504_172325.jpg
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	7194238
      Last edited by sgtskid; 02-28-2018, 09:13 PM.
      Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
      1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

Check us out
      Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Is the intake going to clear the hood? I kinda wish I went this route if it does
        1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
        COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

It's really close. Removing the padding and a light massage may give the extra clearance I need but as it sits, it won't clear. The hood isn't great and modifying it doesn't hurt my feelings.
          Cheaper than buying an ls intake with the injectors, fuel rail, fuel filter, etc.

Check us out
          Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Got the exhaust done yesterday. We tried something a little different...
            The exhaust was super simple and cheap - no fancy, expensive headers. The motor plates allowed me to use stock LS2 manifolds from a 2007 Corvette ($150 shipped with gaskets). The stock manifolds also have O2 bungs built in which saved on fabrication costs.

The stock manifolds allow for plenty of room to run the exhaust on both the driver and passenger side with zero interference with the steering linkage. However, I tried something different. Since the factory exhaust routes down the passenger side of the car, the floor board is raised which allows for the pipe to sit higher which equals ground clearance. To keep ground clearance, I ran the driver side exhaust around the front of the motor and tied it to the passenger side and then ran the exhaust pipe down the stock location. The exhaust is constructed in such a way that I can unbolt it from the engine and at the fire wall and easily remove it. The exhaust is straight piped back to a series 40 (delta flow) Flowmaster. I am excited to see how it sounds

Name:	exhaust 1.jpg
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	7189494

Name:	exhaust 2.jpg
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	7189495

Name:	exhaust 3.jpg
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	7189496

Name:	exhaust 4.jpg
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	7189497
            Last edited by sgtskid; 01-24-2017, 07:53 AM.

Check us out
            Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Anyone know how to link pictures without the link expiring? It seems as though all the pictures in the first few pages have disappeared and if I upload the pictures they just appear as links at the bottom of the page.

Check us out
              Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Originally posted by sgtskid View Post
                Anyone know how to link pictures without the link expiring? It seems as though all the pictures in the first few pages have disappeared and if I upload the pictures they just appear as links at the bottom of the page.
                Try imgur.com to host. You can set up albums and all that jazz. There's also sl.img.com

Sent from the depths of hell with my Nexus 6p.
                My current E30 M62B44 swap

Comment

That exhaust setup looks good!

We did something similar in my friend's LS1 swapped Jeep Wrangler to clear all the suspension and steering bits.
                  Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Originally posted by Q8y_drifter View Post
                    That exhaust setup looks good!

We did something similar in my friend's LS1 swapped Jeep Wrangler to clear all the suspension and steering bits.
                    Thank you. I can't wait to hear how it sounds! I had to cancel Sunday's meeting with my wiring buddy. We rescheduled for Tuesday. Hopefully we can get the wiring knocked out!

Check us out
                    Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Originally posted by wspellmann View Post
                      Try imgur.com to host. You can set up albums and all that jazz. There's also sl.img.com

Tried Img. Spent all night changing the address on the photos, worked for a day or two and now.....nothing.

Check us out
                      Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Originally posted by sgtskid View Post
                        Tried Img. Spent all night changing the address on the photos, worked for a day or two and now.....nothing.
                        Did you create an account?

Did you get direct link to images? On imgur if you just copy what is in that box that says "Copy" it's not a direct link. For example...

This is the link to the image in the copy box (http://imgur.com/6cy0qHw)

This is direct link to the same image (http://i.imgur.com/6cy0qHw.jpg) Notice the "i." and ".jpg" at start and link of address.

If I use the direct link inbetween the IMG modifiers(?) it works just fine.

Forgot to tell you how to get direct link:

On Chrome: right-click on the image>copy image address

On Firefox: right-click on image> Copy image location

Comment

Yep. Been using Imgur ever since photobucket turned to shit. Fastest and easiest image host out there IMO.
                          Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Originally posted by sgtskid
                            I did create an account and I right click and "copy address" to paste the url in the html code. I'll try again.
                            Copy address was your issue, just use the one for images instead and you're solid.

Comment

Originally posted by wspellmann View Post
                              Copy address was your issue, just use the one for images instead and you're solid.

Thanks for the advice. I think I got it.
                              Last edited by sgtskid; 12-20-2016, 07:36 PM.

Check us out
                              Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Slowly knocking out the wiring.

Holiday travel and first of the year stuff has left the ol' girl a little neglected over the past couple months. Racing season is about to start again so hopefully I can get some stuff knocked out before it starts consuming my time.

Getting close to being able to crank it!
                                I still need to finish plumbing the oil lines to the filter, mount the dipstick, and fill the engine with oil. The mechanical installation will be complete.

Electrically, I need to connect the starter but the wiring studs broke off the starter last night. I also need to finish the alternator wiring. Once everything is complete and the engine is running I'll put everything in looms and make it look tidy. I want to hear her run first.

The rats nest that is wiring....
                                An ohm meter with an audible alarm is a man's best friend when it comes to tracing wiring!

Name:	wiring 1.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	7189893

Name:	wiring 2.jpg
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	7189894

Name:	wiring 4.jpg
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	7189895

Name:	e30 ls wiring.jpg
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	7189896

Found a useful link for identifying GM ACDelco connectors.
                                Welcome to GM Parts - your new, consolidated home for GM Genuine Parts and ACDelco parts information and resources. Shop our online catalog of parts today.
                                Last edited by sgtskid; 01-24-2017, 08:43 AM.

Check us out
                                Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Working...
                                X