Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M60 E30 from NZ

Hey guys :)

Have been floating round these forums reading everyone else's builds and how you all are over coming there issues.
    It has been a great curve to learn how it all works.

Being from NZ our laws are a little more strict and parts are few and far between for these cars.

So far have stripped engine bay right to bare and smoothed and filled in most holes and bumps.

Completely resealed engine and 6 speed transmission.
    Custom exhaust manifolds into 2.25" twin exhaust with x pipe and single rear muffler.
    M5 sports clutch & dinan LW flywheel

Garagistic trans mounts, rear diff re-enforcements, front subframe re-enforcement, all revshift 95a bushes throughout

5 stud conversion w SRS FCAB, m3 evo LCA, e36 hubs,
    Custom XYZ adjustable suspension.

e46 300mm rotors & calipers front, e36ti discs & calipers, EBC red pads all round.
    Ergen motorsport booster relocation kit (relocates booster behind glovebox)

Resprayed engine bay in Audi nardo grey

Two sets of wheels
    - 16x9 +24 & 16x9.5 +18 (still waiting for lips to finish) Hartge wheels custom painted centres & gold bolts w 205/45 tyres
    - 16x8 +16 & +0 pontiac GTA wheels with 195/50 tyres

Have a full hartge kit

Recaro LS seats - soon to be re-trimmed in anthracite plaid from m3 as well as the rear seat rebolstered to match the m3 seat.

now a few pictures.....working on the brake lines atm so i can get the motor in finally

Damn that carbon fibre intake manifold looks amazing. Quite the build you got goin there, cant wait to see it done!
    Originally posted by 36brua
    Isn't that what these forums are all about making stuff easier... OO no never mind this is r3v...
    Patryk:up:
    Instagram: @parkus08

91 BMW 325is ///M-Tech II
    08 VW .:R32
    04 Audi A4 Avant 1.8TQ

Comment

That booster/servo relocation kit looks the business. Everything else in the build is looking great too!
      '90 318is

Comment

Wow! Why don't you stop trying to make the rest of us look bad!
        20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

I hadn't seen that booster relocation kit on Ergen's site before, that looks great. Super pricey for the LHD cars but not too bad for the RHD cars.

Great build!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
          Transaction feedback
          - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by AusScare View Post
            That booster/servo relocation kit looks the business. Everything else in the build is looking great too!
            where do you see this?
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
              where do you see this?
              Google clearly! http://ergen.co.uk/lhdincarservokit.html

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

It is a great piece of kit to allow to keep boosted brakes. A real PIA to fit and run all the lines etc with the body loom running through that area also. Will post some photos soon.

Will be interested to see how it pulls up as we have quite strict laws over here to get everything legal, has to preform 5 x 0-100-0 without too much brake fade.

Hopefully will have the brake system completed this weekend so i can get it all pressure tested and get the engine installed for the last time.

Comment

Got my brake system plumbed up over the weekend, got two small hard lines left to make.

Also fitted up and temporarily painted my bodykit minus the skirts (away being repaired)
                  Considering going for a panda look on this (paint the bottom half of the door and gaurds black to match) until it gets painted
                  So pumped to see this car back on the ground again soon.

other wheels lips are on their way. should hopefully have them put together by the end of the week :D

Comment

Bit of an update, the ball is starting to roll now.

Comment

Looking good, can't wait to hear it start up!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

As you can see finally got the motor in....after a lot of struggle trying to get the motor in and cursing and swearing i pulled the motor out and it sat on the floor for a few weeks while i reconsidered my plan of attack.

I ended up stripping the motor to a bare block so i could get the motor in position as the engine mounts i have sit the motor quite far back so after deleting the heater hoses i managed to squeeze it in.

Seeing as the motor and trans was in and had finalised the fitting of the shifter, driveshaft and the driveshaft hoops i felt the need to put the car back together to see what the potential final package may look like.
                        Hartge wheels are still waiting to finally be put together then i can fit them on the car also.
                        Hopefully will get some more done on this over the weekend and get closer to that start up :)

Comment

Spent some time tidying a few things up, finally has a full interior (which i now have to strip as i dont seem to be getting power from the battery to the front of the car?????)

Sorted my glovebox out so it closes and covers the booster, will get some pictures of the setup soon.
                          Made up my new oil filter lines and mocked up coolant reservoir and airbox.
                          Also took the opportunity of some sunshine to push it out of the shed and get a better idea of the final product, wheels are sitting better at the front with 20mm spacers.

A couple of small parts to go and hopefully will have a start up in the next week or so.

Comment

beauty!
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Finally the last little bits turned up so i was able to put the inlet manifold back on and start buttoning up the engine bay side of things.

Cant decide wether to run the engine cover or not....may just put it on sometimes for show appeal and to appease the enthusiast's.

Also got my wheels finalised and ready for tyres really pumped to get the tyres on and get them on the car. Getting close to firing now.

Comment

Working...
                              X