No announcement yet.

CA BAR question for those who passed with M6x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=JGood;4834213]Holy shit. Over 5 years and 40k miles now that I've been dealing with this, and it's finally fixed.

Got the DUDMD m60b44 tune, which he based off a 530i manual trans factory tune, with adjustments.

No more cracking/popping, no hesitation, more power, no canbus check code! Running a 404 DME from an automatic. There is one code, which I've always had, it's for the evap purge valve, as I'm not running a charcoal canister. But I previously had it all hooked up and that code cleared.

The car is an absolute dream to drive now. I was going to just go around the block to test it, I ended up tearing up some back roads for almost an hour because it was such a pleasure to drive. I guess I had just gotten used to the other to Jean for blowing up my inbox with questions, as that's what got me

thinking about this again, and finding the thread on bf.c where they mentioned he was using a manual trans tune as a base.

Wow that's a positive review +. I didn't see m60b44 chip listed in his products ?
    Thanks for your feedback
    My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

It’s not, I contacted him via Facebook.

A 530i manual trans DME should get you guys through BAR. Then you could swap in whatever you want.
      85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
      e30 restoration and V8 swap
      24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Well, Verdict is in, It's an Automatic ECU from a 1993 540i E34. So I guess I need to think about getting a chip, or at least get this one reprogrammed to be a manual. Here is what a decoder told me. Sounds like the car that this one came from was nicely equipped.

VIN: WBAHE6318RGF26070
        Type: Code HE63
        E Series: E34 ()
        Series 5
        Type: LIM
        Steering: LL
        Doors: 4
        Engine: M60/2
        Displacement: 4.00
        Power: 210
        Drive: HECK
        Transmission: AUT
        Colour: ALPINWEISS 2 (218)
        Upholstery: (0453)
        Prod. Date: 1993-04-29

S214A Automatic stability control (ASC+T)
        S240A Leather steering wheel
        S245A Steering wheel column adjustment,electr.
        S279* BMW LM RAD OHNE
        NOTLAUFEIGENSCHAFTEN
        S459A Seat adjuster, electric, with memory
        S472A Armrest, front, driver/passenger
        S494A Seat heating driver/passenger
        S640A Preparation f tel.installation universal
        S686A Antenna-Diversity
        S694A Provisions for BMW 6 CD changer
        S818A Battery master switch
        S925A Dummy-SALAPA
        Attached Files
        Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
          Holy shit. Over 5 years and 40k miles now that I've been dealing with this, and it's finally fixed.

Got the DUDMD m60b44 tune, which he based off a 530i manual trans factory tune, with adjustments.

No more cracking/popping, no hesitation, more power, no canbus check code! Running a 404 DME from an automatic. There is one code, which I've always had, it's for the evap purge valve, as I'm not running a charcoal canister. But I previously had it all hooked up and that code cleared.

The car is an absolute dream to drive now. I was going to just go around the block to test it, I ended up tearing up some back roads for almost an hour because it was such a pleasure to drive. I guess I had just gotten used to the other tune.

Big thanks to DUDMD, and thanks to Jean for blowing up my inbox with questions, as that's what got me thinking about this again, and finding the thread on bf.c where they mentioned he was using a manual trans tune as a base. Jean, I'll keep checking for that code over the next few days to make sure it doesn't come back. But previously, it was there prior to even starting the car up after reconnecting the battery. So I think it's good to go. It must be something in the tune itself.
          Yeah buddy! :)
          Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
            It’s not, I contacted him via Facebook.

A 530i manual trans DME should get you guys through BAR. Then you could swap in whatever you want.
            Thanks I'll give him a shout. sounds promising
            My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Working...
            X