5.3 LSA build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
    Man you are going to have to roll/beat the hell out the rear fenders to make those fit. They look good though

Nothing a heat gun and a roller cant fix. I was surprise on how well they fit. A lot people told me it wouldn't work, but it really doesn't need that much rolling to work.
    sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Looks wicked, taking notes for sure
      Originally posted by e30guydownunder
      Stupid German wookie winning F1 WDC and beating Webs. waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles.

Comment

Spent some time today installing and mocking up the sequential shifeter

20190112_183623 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

20190112_182502 by Supa Khan, on Flickr
        20190112_182411 by Supa Khan, on Flickr
        sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Exhaust is here. Dual oval 3" all the way back to a Magnaflow muffler and dual cut outs.

20190112_184205 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

20190112_184232 by Supa Khan, on Flickr

20190112_184219 by Supa Khan, on Flickr
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Supadave View Post
            Was there a reason you chose shielding like that instead of a good ceramic coat?
            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

It does a better job of keeping heat out of the engine bay.
              sigpic

Comment

Looks an amazing build, the car will be an absolute weapon & looking at the engine bay shots, a pretty decent power bulge will be required!

With the black / green wire for the unloader relays, splice it into the black / yellow wire so that it is energised during start. If you just earth it, the accessories won't turn off during start.

With the LSA swap it might not be an issue if you just ground the wire - especially if it's only a weekender - but with my M30 swap, when this circuit wasn't working properly I had really frustrating hot start issues in hot weather (over around 90F) that seemed like a "heat soaked" starter. After shotgunning a bunch of parts at the problem and not solving the issue, I sorted the unloader circuit with a new Black / Yellow wire from the C200 in the steering column to remove a bunch of solder joints from my auto to manual swap + I re-soldered the joint with the black / green wire and have had no problems since - the accessories behave exactly as they should & no more hot start issue.

You see a lot of M50 etc. swaps that have "heat soaked starter issues", but I suspect it's just because they haven't set up the unloader relay circuit properly.
                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                  Looks an amazing build, the car will be an absolute weapon & looking at the engine bay shots, a pretty decent power bulge will be required!

With the black / green wire for the unloader relays, splice it into the black / yellow wire so that it is energised during start. If you just earth it, the accessories won't turn off during start.

With the LSA swap it might not be an issue if you just ground the wire - especially if it's only a weekender - but with my M30 swap, when this circuit wasn't working properly I had really frustrating hot start issues in hot weather (over around 90F) that seemed like a "heat soaked" starter. After shotgunning a bunch of parts at the problem and not solving the issue, I sorted the unloader circuit with a new Black / Yellow wire from the C200 in the steering column to remove a bunch of solder joints from my auto to manual swap + I re-soldered the joint with the black / green wire and have had no problems since - the accessories behave exactly as they should & no more hot start issue.

You see a lot of M50 etc. swaps that have "heat soaked starter issues", but I suspect it's just because they haven't set up the unloader relay circuit properly.
                  Thanks!
                  sigpic

Comment

Worked on installing the remote brake balancer knob and a couple of gauges this weekend.

20190126_134501 by Supa Khan, on Flickr
                    sigpic

Comment

what an awesome build! This would be my dream build as well. Can't image the power with the blower haha

What are you HP goals for this build?
                      1990 325is
                      m52b28
                      3.73lsd
                      g260 (1987 325is 5spd tranny)

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                        what an awesome build! This would be my dream build as well. Can't image the power with the blower haha

What are you HP goals for this build?
                        With just the blower I'm hoping for 620+ WHP. With the spray around 800 WHP.
                        sigpic

Comment

Beast mode!!!
                          1990 325is
                          m52b28
                          3.73lsd

Comment

I saw in another post here that you wanted to have this done by sept 2018, what's your new timeline for having this complete? Or is it you work on it when ya can kind of deal?
                            1990 325is
                            m52b28
                            3.73lsd

Comment

Originally posted by TeXJ View Post
                              I saw in another post here that you wanted to have this done by sept 2018, what's your new timeline for having this complete? Or is it you work on it when ya can kind of deal?
                              Sep LOL. So I was waaaaay off on when I thought I would be done. Shooting for March. Hopefully I can make it to TX2K. Keeping my fingers crossed.
                              sigpic

Comment

projects can do that lol
                                TX2K would be pimp to see this run
                                1990 325is
                                m52b28
                                3.73lsd

Comment

Working...
                                X