AN adapters for M60 oil lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AN adapters for M60 oil lines

I know I came across the -12 AN adapters somewhere, but I didn't save it and now I can't find them. All I come across when searching is the -10 stuff for the 6 cylinders. Does anyone know who it is that sells the V8 ones?

These are the 6cyl ones in case you don't know what I'm talking about.

Byron
    Leichtbau

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=427076

I’ve got a set of these and they’re very nice ;)

Comment

I messaged him, but he hasn't logged on since January. Anyone have his contact info?
      Byron
      Leichtbau

Comment

His name is Shady Hasan if that helps.

Comment

I ended up welding AN bungs directly to a X3 oil manifold. check out my build thread.
          If anyone feels like making a proper adapter to the oil filter housing, shut up and take my money. i welded AN bungs to the oil filter housing plugs with the o rings on them. and it sucks.
          We're in deep now boys
          1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
          1988 340iL - Track car
          My M60 V8 swap thread here
          [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

I did an s62 swap into an e34 last year, and one of the worst parts was getting those dumb lines to work. I ended up braising some AN fittings onto cut factory lines, and that was like my 4th attempt to make it work.
            Byron
            Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by dmjensen View Post
              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=427076

I’ve got a set of these and they’re very nice ;)
              Still -10 though. OP is looking for -12's.

Comment

There used to be some reasonably priced adapters on US ebay, I don't see them anymore. There's some expensive ones oversees.

I used AN fittings welded onto an X5 plate on the engine side, and brazed fittings onto the hard line ends on the filter side. It's been 7 years and 45k miles without any issues. I know it's not as nice as a purpose built 1 piece adapter, but it works, it's cheap, and you'll never really see them anyway.
                85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                e30 restoration and V8 swap
                24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                  Still -10 though. OP is looking for -12's.
                  I had the numbers mixed up in my head, -10 is the correct size for the V8 still (was thinking 12mm). Its the o-ring side that doesn't work with the regular adapters, as the V8 is a 14mm oring and the 6cyls are 13.4mm.
                  Byron
                  Leichtbau

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                    I had the numbers mixed up in my head, -10 is the correct size for the V8 still (was thinking 12mm). Its the o-ring side that doesn't work with the regular adapters, as the V8 is a 14mm oring and the 6cyls are 13.4mm.
                    Ah, ok.

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                      I messaged him, but he hasn't logged on since January. Anyone have his contact info?
                      Went through my paypal statment and found his email for you.

shadyhasan93@gmail.com

Hopefully he can make you some more or send you files to have them made at your local machine shop.

Comment

Working...
                      X