Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the side windows be modified to roll down any further?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can the side windows be modified to roll down any further?

Curious to know if anyone's done this. As anyone would know, the driver's window sticks up a little bit when rolled all the way down. I'm sure if I took off the panel and looked, I'd be able to see if it's possible or not. But has anyone tried to increase the travel of the window? For that last quarter inch or so? Does the bottom of the glass brackets hit the bottom of the door frame?

Currently building a badass coffee table
    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Good question. In for more info as I have my interior door panels off. Would be a good time for some tweaking.

Comment

I think it falls off the track or there isn't enough space for the scissor arms to sit flush at the bottom
      @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I'm thinking if there is a way for the arms to "sit" higher at the top of the travel, then by the time they roll down to the bottom, they'd be further away from the bottom, leading the possibility of greater travel.

Maybe the scissor arms can be trimmed, maybe a bracket to relocate a couple parts/mounting points can allow this extra travel. What can you guys see in there?

Currently building a badass coffee table
        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I don't recall how high my window sits when I roll it down. Will check when I get a chance but I kinda recall it sitting just a tad higher than the seals and scrubber strip. Was never a problem and didn't bother me as most times the windows were always rolled up, either for wind noise or A/C.

I got aBout 1/8" towards the back of the door on a coupe. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220514_182428.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	10055717
          Last edited by uturn; 05-14-2022, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X