Magnaflow Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnaflow Issue

So I started installing my Magnaflow front section (down pipe and midsection/cat. I also threw in the catback only to realize it’s sitting to I far back. Around an inch behind the hangers.

Did some looking and found the cause of this being the down pipe is not inserting far enough into the mid pipe. The distance to the step-taper/reduction in the mid-pipe is about an inch from where the down pipe is stopping.

a closer look and it appears the mid pipe is actually gradually tapers until it steps down into the main reduction. So it appears I will have to grind down the OD of the down pipe in order to sufficiently insert it and get the hangers to line up. Either that or cut the damn pipe.

I am disappointed considering how much money I spent on this Magnaflow front section. It shouldn’t be this difficult to install a “bolt-on exhaust. Anyone else have similar experience with Magnaflow? Any suggestions? Thanks
    [/SIGPIC]

Painful, but seems like an easy fix? better to be too long than too short.

Comment

By easy fix do you mean grind down the down pipe to insert further? And if it’s too long, there won’t be any way to mount the catback via exhaust hangers. I want it to fit properly.
      [/SIGPIC]

Comment

I guess I’d rather cut it down than weld more on. Nothing is really bolt on.. Technically you want it a just a tad forward in the hangers because as it gets hot it’ll grow in length.
        Last edited by moatilliatta; 06-20-2022, 03:21 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I'd just drop it of at an exhaust shop and say "fit this". might have to grind of a mount and re-weld. take a shop 5mins to do that.

Disappointing for a "bolt on" thing, but hey - that's the world we live in.

Comment

Working...
          X