No announcement yet.

Instrument cluster half-lit ......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're certain there's a dead segment, then you could follow the segment to the affected lights/whatever and run a wire to bypass it. That's all i did. Keep in mind, you often can't even see the crack in the PCB!
    Current: Brilliantrot '91 318is M20B25
    Former: '88 M3 3.2L, '91 318is 2.0L, '90 318i, '85 325e 2.8L, '84 318i 2.0L, '84 318i, '90 325is
    wamchenry@gmail.com
    insta: @simple_machines

Comment

Originally posted by jht3 View Post
      Re: Instrument cluster half-lit ......

yep, same problem here in my 88 m3. right 1/2 and OBC is out 99% of the time. the OBC is tied to the right 1/2 apparently. i've pulled the cluster and swapped bulbs. doesn't fix it. i've been meaning to pull the cluster again, tear it apart and see if there's an internal problem or some way i can fix it
      I know this is an old thread but I’m having this same problem with the car I just bought. The right side is my cluster doesn’t light up and my left blinker indicator doesn’t light up. I have the cluster out and I took it apart. Can anybody lead me in the right direction?

Comment

Send your cluster to Bavarian Restoration. bavrest.com

Most of the cluster on my Touring was not working when I got it. Bav Rest restored it and it's been working perfectly ever since.
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

Working...
        X