Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well now we know

and knowing is half the battle!

but they never told us what the other half was...
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
    Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

I am pretty sure the fuel pump does not start at all until you turn the key at the beginning, so the relay must be dead, until you turn the key to begin. Another thing you can try is to go through the procedure to remove the anti-theft system, because I believe that to remove the fuel pump.
      r4i

Comment

Originally posted by komarkjevin View Post
        I am pretty sure the fuel pump does not start at all until you turn the key at the beginning, so the relay must be dead, until you turn the key to begin. Another thing you can try is to go through the procedure to remove the anti-theft system, because I believe that to remove the fuel pump.
        yea but that would take forever and the i still cant find the problem its driving me insane
        #Treadlifematters

Comment

The fuel pump on an E30 only runs when the DME sees timing data from a rotating engine. What hasn't been established is whether the fuel pump relay is engaging when the engine cranks. Nor has it been established as to whether the fuel pump and FPR are working properly. That requires checking the fuel rail pressure and delivery volume (see the Bentely manual).

Start there.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

i check the pump its fine... there has to be a wire cut or loose or something somewhere i just cant find it can anyone help!
            #Treadlifematters

Comment

Originally posted by Bothfeetin View Post
              i check the pump its fine... there has to be a wire cut or loose or something somewhere i just cant find it can anyone help!
              check the connections near the pump; take the rear seat out and on the passenger side there is an inspection plate. remove the screws and you have access to the top of the pump. check all wiring for any cracks, fraying etc.
              have someone wiggle the wires to see if the car does anything with ign on.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X