radiator with built in overflow??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m42 rads and e36/e46 rads have attached res
    AND THEY SUCK!!! Been through 3 in 3 years- I wouldn't retrofit one if it was
    the last radiator left on the planet!

(well, that might be a slight exaggeration, but they aren't an improvement, that's for sure)

t
    now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
      AND THEY SUCK!!! Been through 3 in 3 years- I wouldn't retrofit one if it was
      the last radiator left on the planet!

(well, that might be a slight exaggeration, but they aren't an improvement, that's for sure)

t
      If you are breaking radiators on a regular basis, you might want to check your engine and tranny mounts. Movement from the engine pulls on the radiator and can cause necks to break off or plastic end tanks to loosen form the aluminum fins since they are only crimped into place.

Comment

Holy shitballs, 900$?? Funny I came across this, I've been looking for options to minimize the expansion tank or to delete it all together. I assume the m42 radiator isn't a practical upgrade for the m20? Especially in a turbo car.. how about one of those in line summit fillers with a pressure cap? (I forget what they're called) wouldn't that be sufficient? I'm actually in the process of making an attempt to go a little on the wild side and weld in a cap onto my schmeidmann bar and put a few lines into it, might be a bit over the top.. but I have aim to make this car a little bit original.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
          never had a problem with the late E30 tank.

one thing I don't like about the early one is it's right over the headers.
          I always looked at that and questioned why it was necessary. I feel like I've read somewhere it was purposely put there to help warm ups? Along with that whole ETA cold start injector, and heated throttle body.. I'm skeptical it was hear-say.

Comment

you might want to check your engine and tranny mounts.
            That was the guy before me- the fan shroud's missing the chunks to prove it!

no, they're popping because I was a cheapskate and bought non- OEM ones.

OEM has been good so far...

t
            now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

You might be interested in the mishimoto install I did on my e34.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...all-DONE-RIGHT!

Comment

That's nice... if the Behr bites it, that looks a lot better to me than all the plastic...

t

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                  That's nice... if the Behr bites it, that looks a lot better to me than all the plastic...

t
                  Bmw uses the plastic end tank radiators in the PTG bmw motorsports e36m; it's more efficient for cooling than a knock of China mishimoto.

Genuine bmw radiators are quite good and durable; just buy it new.

Lighter, better for cooling, fits better and genuine part.

If one desires a quality USA made aluminum radiator then a PWR would be the choice. It's quite a bit heavier though
                  OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Working...
                  X