• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*help*bad ecu? Bad harness?

Hey Everyone,

1990 325i m30 swap.

Im having a no fuel & no spark issue.
    Also not getting now power on DME pin 37 & when i ground pin 36 the DME relay clicks. Jim Levie said if it does that then DME is bad. Also, one day i hooked the battery terminals reversed and blew the in-line fuse , could that have fried the DME? Should i just gohead and replace?

btw
    NEW:
    CPS
    Fuel relay
    DME relay
    Spark plugs & wires
    Distributor
    In-Line fuse
    coil

Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Borrow another DME before buying one. Also, check your fusible link.

Comment

Yes, connecting your battery leads could have damaged the DME. Like maddog said, check that fusible link. Also pull the dme out and smell it. If it smells burnt, its bad. We can fix DME's btw.
      Owner - Bavarian Restoration
      BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
      www.BavRest.com
      My Feedback Thread
      Our Facebook!
      Follow our Instagram!

Comment

If your DME is the issue, use Greg's shop to repair. They refurbished my AFM at a great price.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs///M View Post
          Yes, connecting your battery leads could have damaged the DME. Like maddog said, check that fusible link. Also pull the dme out and smell it. If it smells burnt, its bad. We can fix DME's btw.

I already replaced the previous blown fusible link, how do i know if i soldered it back on correctly? I checked my DME it doesnt smell burnt but i found out it has a Dinan Performance Chip :D . Can these cause the problems that im having?

Comment

any ideas, anyone?

Comment

If you are not getting fuel or spark, I would suspect the CPS. Since you said it is new, is it OEM or aftermarket? Many aftermarket CPS's read 900ohms out of the box (they followed the misprint in the Bentley). If your sensor reads 540-ish ohms, check to see if you swapped the cylinder identification wire and CPS - they have the same plug to the engine harness and are easily swapped during assembly. Cylinder identification is the sensor on the #6 plug wire. The car will run fine if it's absent, but will never start if the CPS is plugged into the CI connector.
              john@m20guru.com
              Links:
              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
              X