AC System From Scratch - 1989 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mach schnell View Post

Awesome, thanks. Now to find all the AC parts.......!!
    I am compiling parts to redo the AC on my touring and found that the best price for OE parts is at Schmiedmann. They are in Europe, so the minimum shipping charge to the USA is $37. No VAT or import duties. I found that the cost difference for AC lines was enough to justify the shipping by just getting 2-3 lines. I've ordered many fragile parts from them and never had a problem. Not a fan of DHL, but the shipping time is also remarkable.

Also agree that Just Needs a Recharge book is a good investment.
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Comment

I was lucky enough to find someone parting a 325 a couple hours away from me and picked up the AC system. It definitely helped me better understand how it all goes together.

A couple follow up questions:

-What are the part numbers for the wiring terminals for the female connector that gets spliced into the car harness for the new pressure switch? I searched and could only find the terminal and not the wires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	9867073

-I think I need a new suction line from the firewall to the compressor and I see Four Seasons is the only aftermarket manufacturer of that hose. I'm not familiar with them - is that a decent quality hose?

Comment

Anyone? Looking for the part numbers for the terminals that clip into that connector in my above post?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by gilber33 View Post
          I was lucky enough to find someone parting a 325 a couple hours away from me and picked up the AC system. It definitely helped me better understand how it all goes together.

A couple follow up questions:

-What are the part numbers for the wiring terminals for the female connector that gets spliced into the car harness for the new pressure switch? I searched and could only find the terminal and not the wires.

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	9867073

-I think I need a new suction line from the firewall to the compressor and I see Four Seasons is the only aftermarket manufacturer of that hose. I'm not familiar with them - is that a decent quality hose?
          They are a major after market replacement supplier but much if not all of their stuff is made in China. Good luck finding anything that isn't unless you go OE. I have a hose of theirs that has split but it does have a rather tight bend so not sure I can blame them and it isn't leaking ‍♂️
          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
          Alice the Time Capsule
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by gilber33 View Post
            Anyone? Looking for the part numbers for the terminals that clip into that connector in my above post?

Thanks
            Well, almost 3 years too late but I'm going through an R134a conversion on my 86 325e and ran into the same problem. I called the dealership and got the pin part number. Unfortunately, it is currently unavailable so I will be splicing the old high pressure switch connector onto the new switch. For the sake of documentation though, below are the part numbers:

Plastic Plug Terminal: 61131378400
            Snap-in Receptacle (2x per plug): 61130007441

The snap in receptacle can be found in this diagram: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...89#61130007441

There is rubber molded around the connector/wire to allow it to make a watertight seal. You could probably make a connection work with another female plug from the diagram but it wouldn't be a watertight seal.

Comment

Working...
            X