Broken Passenger Door Lock Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Passenger Door Lock Cylinder

Greetings my fellow respected elders, I'm having what I can only imagine is a common problem in the E30 community. I am unable to unlock my passenger door, the key goes in just fine, but won't turn. So I rely on Central Locking to open the door. This isn't the biggest problem in the world, it's only annoying when the battery is dead, and I can't open the door at all, or if I'm being chivalrous, and opening the door for a lady friend after dinner or a movie (basically anytime we're returning to the car when it's locked) I've contacted my local dealership to try and get a new cylinder that is coded to my key, and have hit a dead end. They tell me that they can't source one for me. But say that they can order a random one for me, and I can have a locksmith code it to my key. I've called three different locksmiths, and they all claim they can't do that, which I find peculiar. I do want to sort this out, as I'm doing some major maintenance on "Otto" right now. And I definitely don't want the hassle of needing to use a different key, just for the passenger door. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I can do about this? I'm not the most technically gifted person, and my tool kit is limited at best. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. I just want my 89 325i coupe, with only 60k original miles to be perfect! I love Otto! Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

You can order a new lock with a random key from ecs . Or you can order a “blank” door lock where you can have the springs made specific to your key . I did the latter about 50$ for the lock cylinder and then 40 to have the locksmith make the springs off o fit my original key

door lock with new keys part # 51211924903 I have one of these if you want

or black rebuild part # 51219556313

Comment

Working...
    X