Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on brand , where to purchase in tank pump for 1987 325is.Connection rusted off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on brand , where to purchase in tank pump for 1987 325is.Connection rusted off

I am replacing the tank and when I went to disconnect the sending unit, I noticed that the connection on the fuel pump was hanging on by a thread. I am not sure if this can be repaired, or if I need a new pump. Genuine BMW is $400-$500. Any advice? Thanks.

It should look like this if you have a double pump setup.
    The ground connector must be connected to the pipe.

Comment

Thank you. So, that white, two pronged connector is what has simply rotted off the top of the pump ring. These pumps are pricey. Is this something that I may be able to repair? I suspect the wire is still attached to the actual pump. But, that connector WAS hanging on by a thread. All I had to do was look at it and it popped of the ring.

Comment

There are aftermarket alternatives that are relatively inexpensive. You can also buy used.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
          There are aftermarket alternatives that are relatively inexpensive. You can also buy used.
          I just checked. No aftermarket pumps are in stock. It was usually Airtex, now it's not available.

Comment

Originally posted by clydesdale View Post
            Thank you. So, that white, two pronged connector is what has simply rotted off the top of the pump ring. These pumps are pricey. Is this something that I may be able to repair? I suspect the wire is still attached to the actual pump. But, that connector WAS hanging on by a thread. All I had to do was look at it and it popped of the ring.
            If it's just the connector, you can try to glue it back.
            Try Super Glue and then use scotch tape.

Comment

Working...
            X