Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(BMW E30) Does anyone know what this piece is for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(BMW E30) Does anyone know what this piece is for?

Hi all, I found close to the wiper motor (next to the blower motor) this little thing that looks like a resistor... There are these two wires that comes directly from the positive of my battery and this "resistor" is attached to the left wiper arm, as shown in the picture. Does anyone know what is this "thing"? Thanks Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Noone knows?

Comment

Doesn't look familiar.

Does it have some numbers on it that you can google?

Is it a heated windshield wiper?

Comment

Thanks for replying. Nono, it's a normal wiper. My car is a bmw m20b20, year 1983. I wonder if this is a residue of an old LPG system that after has been deleted. In the two wires there is no voltage BTW! I Googled the numbers that are on the top of this piece but with no success at all. Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Take the thing out and take a couple of pictures. Maybe someone here will recognize it.

The other possibility is that it is a European part only that none of us would have seen. If that is so, put a picture of it on E30 Zone and see if anyone there knows what it is.

Comment

No idea what that is. How about looking it up in the ETM?
            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I do it this weekend and keep you posted. Thanks again Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, that's not something I've seen, either.

All I can add is to look at RealOEM, and see if you can find it,
                or wedophones.com for your ETM.

But it's hard to find stuff like that if you don't know what subsystem it fits into.

t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                X