No announcement yet.

E30 m3 ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to the blasters. The trunk lid, bumper covers and skirts are being soda blasted, repaired and primered.

Comment

lookin good! plannin to keep original color?

Comment

Don't forget to get a new orange sticker: "Use only Genuine BMW Parts" for the shock tower after you paint! ........
        E30-LS1 aka. 357is
        email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
        E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
        E30LS1@gmail.com
        e30ls1.com

Comment

I'm watching you.
          1989 US E30 Cammed S52
          Under Construction: 1983 Euro E28 Cammed LQ9/LS3 Heads/Jakeb E28 LSx Kit

Comment

New booster relocation kit for J1Z or BMW V8 swaps. The Tilton 77 master cylinder is located inside the pedal box. The adapter plate on the firewall has channels for the hydraulic fluid. They are threaded 10mmx1. The MC can actuate hydraulically a remote brake booster, located anywhere in the car. Or it can actuate the brakes directly (no assist). The kit is missing one piece, which shall be ready next week. The bracket will allow a stock pedal ratio of 4:1 or 6:1

This kit is intended for handy DIYers.

Last edited by Massive Lee; 07-10-2012, 06:02 AM.
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Nice!
              1985 M635csi Black on Buffalo
              1985 535is Zinno on Black
              1985 M635csi White on Pacific Blue
              1988 M3 Lachssilber on Black (sold)
              1987 M3 Zinno on Black (totaled)

Comment

Wow this thing is going to be a beast! Are you planning on racing this thing when your done? Or you just doing it to spite the haters?
                sigpic
                IcWhatUdidThere

Comment

Originally posted by StealthiE30 View Post
                  Wow this thing is going to be a beast! Are you planning on racing this thing when your done? Or you just doing it to spite the haters?
                  Its going to be a street car primarily.

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                    New booster relocation kit for J1Z or Corvette V8 swaps. The Tilton 77 master cylinder is located inside the pedal box. The adapter plate on the firewall has channels for the hydraulic fluid. They are threaded 10mmx1. The MC can actuate hydraulically a remote brake booster, located anywhere in the car. Or it can actuate the brakes directly (no assist). The kit is missing one piece, which shall be ready next week. The bracket will allow a stock pedal ratio of 4:1 or 6:1

This kit is intended at handy DIYers.
                    )

]
                    Ive been watching the development of this kit. I want to keep assisted brakes. Im gathering this would actuate a booster via slave cylinder? Are there any other ways available instead of a slave cylinder? Thanks, im really intereated in this kit.

Comment

Originally posted by LSM3 View Post
                      Its going to be a BADASS street car primarily.
                      fixed it your you.
                      sigpic
                      IcWhatUdidThere

Comment

I'm not quite following the logic of this build. You said a rebuild of a S14 is too much, but it can't be as much as a break down to the shell, eventual repaint, motor swap, new parts, etc. can it?
                        1986 911 Supercharged Frakenstrat/Stripped
                        1987 325is Delphin/Black (Olga)
                        1988 M3 Zinno/Natur (Elsa)

Manual or STFU

E30 Chapter of BMW Car Club of America
                        E30 Oktoberfest 2017

Comment

Ive been watching the development of this kit. I want to keep assisted brakes. Im gathering this would actuate a booster via slave cylinder? Are there any other ways available instead of a slave cylinder? Thanks, im really intereated in this kit.
                          The kit was designed initially to actuate a vacuum booster, or a hydraulic booster (e23, e28 pr exemple) by fitting a BMW slave cylinder. There probably is a selection of slaves from AP Racing, Tilton or Wilwood.

BTW I have received my order for 20 rod ends this morning and should have the remaining brackets by Wednesday.
                          Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Originally posted by enigmaticdream View Post
                            I'm not quite following the logic of this build. You said a rebuild of a S14 is too much, but it can't be as much as a break down to the shell, eventual repaint, motor swap, new parts, etc. can it?
                            I dont think you are following the thread. I didnt plan on reduilding the whole thing from the beginning. Only planned on doing a motor swap and suspension. After further investigation of the chassis I found severe rust and decided to blast and rebuild the whole thing.

Im not sure where you are lost. My budget is "A". If building the engine alone takes up most of "A" then I cant do everything I want to do. You can blow $10k building an S14 without blinking an eye.

Its pretty easy in my opinion. Rebuild and upgraded an s14 for $10k + then drop it in a rusty chasis. Or do a swap and rebuild the WHOLE car for a bit over $10k? The only thing im not doing is the blasting and I dont plan on painting it any time soon. Cost is actually not that bad when your doing all the labor.

As far a logic in a build?? LOL, the logical thing to do would buy a NEW car and not rebuild a 24 year old 3 series....
                            Last edited by LSM3; 06-22-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

As far a logic in a build?? LOL, the logical thing to do would buy a NEW car and not rebuild a 24 year old 3 series....
                              This...
                              sigpic
                              IcWhatUdidThere

Comment

Originally posted by StealthiE30 View Post
                                This...
                                is bullshit.

How is spending 10k on rebuilding one of the most beautifully designed automobiles in the world better than spending 16k to 80k on a new piece of shit electronically disabled and restricted heap of plastic?

Looks like it's going to be a badass build!
                                Different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Working...
                                X