No announcement yet.

E30 m3 ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you change the water pump outlet direction where it goes to the upper radiator inlet?

Doesn't that pipe come our facing the radiator?

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
      Did you change the water pump outlet direction where it goes to the upper radiator inlet?

Doesn't that pipe come our facing the radiator?
      Yes. We welded AN fittings for the heater hoses and relocated the out flow pipe to the top of the housing and capped the original exit port. This IMO cleaned up that area.

Comment

not a bad idea for clearance, but sure makes waterpump replacement a bitch. I'm building one as a track car, and although I like the idea, it makes for swapping the water pump in short order nearly impossible.

Care to share the specs on your radiator? Looks like it's probably a 26x19 Griffin, yes?

Comment

We used a close-fitting swivel waterneck for the inlet to the pump. Solves the problem of the hose chafing on the aft face of the radiator. Canton Racing products or similar work nicely.
          E30-LS1 aka. 357is
          email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
          E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
          E30LS1@gmail.com
          e30ls1.com

Comment

Not sure if I missed this or not... but why hasn't the body been painted yet?! I figured that would get done long before you would start bolting things back in.

I'd say i'm a purist in that I'm not a fan of non-BMW engines in e30 m3s, but kudos on a proper preservation of the chassis at least. No doubt it will be fun to drive!
            My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
              Not sure if I missed this or not... but why hasn't the body been painted yet?! I figured that would get done long before you would start bolting things back in.

I'd say i'm a purist in that I'm not a fan of non-BMW engines in e30 m3s, but kudos on a proper preservation of the chassis at least. No doubt it will be fun to drive!
              Vehicle is going to get a vinyl wrap.

Comment

Paint it!
                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                  Paint it!
                  I've picked up a sponsor who will wrap it for about cost or about 1/5th the price of a quality paint job.

Comment

Hey bud whats up..... its Kyle, we meet at speed factory in roseville, I was the one with the silver e46. Couldn't remember my log in, then I remembered it lol, cause its a quote I use lol Cause race car lol. I am going to make a post on here about the bmw meets we do in the Arden area, and will include you in since you said you didn't have a facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by Cause Race Car View Post
                      Hey bud whats up..... its Kyle, we meet at speed factory in roseville, I was the one with the silver e46. Couldn't remember my log in, then I remembered it lol, cause its a quote I use lol Cause race car lol. I am going to make a post on here about the bmw meets we do in the Arden area, and will include you in since you said you didn't have a facebook.
                      Hey. I saw your post and I'll try to make them. I'm going to the poker run tomorrow. Catcha later

Comment

Originally posted by Cause Race Car View Post
                        Might want to change that password

Nice M3. Wouldn't happen to be the one that was at CalTuned a few weeks ago? Got a few quick seconds of drooling (next to it lol). If not, Sac is set with M3 LS cars!
                        Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                        A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Do you have a part number for that Griffin radiator?

Comment

Here's a short walk around video

Comment

Got the car weighed today at a certified scale...

2780lbs which included about 30lbs of misc. crap in the car. Not bad considering the stock vehicle weights in at about 2850lbs. I would guess that I have about 20 to 30lbs of stuff that still needs to be reinstalled on the vehicle. Either way I am happy with sub 2800lbs. I dont have access to get weight bias but when I do ill post it. I have seen others around 55/f 45/r which isnt bad at all.

Comment

love the build...

two quick questions if I may.

are those "stock" m3 fenders?

and what tire/wheel combo are you using?

thank

Comment

Working...
                                X