X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moatilliatta
    replied
    RE: BMW AC Retrofit bracket.

I ordered 5 of these. All of them were warped and didn't set flush on the block.

I think Blunt is in the works of a bracket for use on an updated compressor.

I maybe going down Jay Stratton route if blunt doesn't get these wrapped up.

Leave a comment:

• BMG
    replied
    The electric rad fan from eBay, was this a used item , or ... ?
    Oh, and the fuse box decals, are they for sale ?
    Thanks
    Last edited by BMG; 09-18-2019, 01:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• alpinewhite318i
    replied
    Oh I just purchased some a/c compressor parts from him, he shipped it out quickly!

Leave a comment:

• CurrusDei
    replied
    First off - WOW what is this new hotness on r3v’s redesign? Looks awesome!

On this:

Originally posted by alpinewhite318i View Post
    Yes I finally received the newer style compressor bracket via special order Germany. I have been hearing a lot of bad things bad using it, doesn't sound promising! Where did you sent out your compressor to be rebuilt? I might just end up using the old one, it still works but it's loud and causing vibrations!
    The new style bracket is trash. I hate to say it but it is. It would need extensive fab work to make it solid. I used a gentleman named Jay Stratton from California - he is very straightforward and hones. Would highly recommend. Here’s his site: http://bigcoupe.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=28245

The car’s fender is finally fixed (will upload pics shortly). It is getting clear bra on the hood and new fender, ceramic on the glass, a couple other goodies, then should be home this week

Leave a comment:

• alpinewhite318i
    replied
    Yes I finally received the newer style compressor bracket via special order Germany. I have been hearing a lot of bad things bad using it, doesn't sound promising! Where did you sent out your compressor to be rebuilt? I might just end up using the old one, it still works but it's loud and causing vibrations!

Leave a comment:

• CurrusDei
    replied
    Originally posted by jhaurimn View Post
    Hard to believe its been 5 years, I remember when you picked this up. Things sure escalated from your initial plans, and in the best way.

Enjoy the car man, you deserve it. Thank you for documenting everything so beautifully. It will come in handy for many people in the future.
    Thanks brother. You going to be at the Vintage next year?

Leave a comment:

• CurrusDei
    replied
    Originally posted by alpinewhite318i View Post
    Which a/c compressor were you trying to install with the newer style bracket? I just ordered one so I can install a later style Seiko compressor from an 91 325i. This bracket also fits the M10B18 block for 84 318i.
    I hate to say it but don’t bother with that new style compressor bracket. Even if you can get the AC lines to line up (which is a job) the top mount is too flimsy. When you tighten the belt down, it shifts the compressor pulley slightly out of alignment and starts to shred the belt. Hard to believe this is actually a BMW part

I finally gave up on it and have gone back to the original AC compressor, which i sent off to be rebuilt (just got it back). Will share more info on that shortly.

Leave a comment:

• jhaurimn
    replied
    Hard to believe its been 5 years, I remember when you picked this up. Things sure escalated from your initial plans, and in the best way.

Enjoy the car man, you deserve it. Thank you for documenting everything so beautifully. It will come in handy for many people in the future.

Leave a comment:

• alpinewhite318i
    replied
    Which a/c compressor were you trying to install with the newer style bracket? I just ordered one so I can install a later style Seiko compressor from an 91 325i. This bracket also fits the M10B18 block for 84 318i.

Leave a comment:

• Alaska Ted
    replied
    Ditto

Originally posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
    Congratulations. I’m so happy for you. This has been the best build thread on any Internet forum I’ve ever read.

What are your plans for the car now?
    Hands down the best!

Leave a comment:

• AC_Schnitzel
    replied
    Congratulations. I’m so happy for you. This has been the best build thread on any Internet forum I’ve ever read.

What are your plans for the car now?

Leave a comment:

• TimeMachinE30
    replied
    Nice work. Proper vanity tag.

Leave a comment:

• CurrusDei
    replied
    Originally posted by nrubenstein View Post
    FYI, the reason why the airbag and non-airbag switches are different is not wiring, but the steering wheel position. You'll find that airbag switch is kind of tight to the wheel.
    Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'll check it out

Leave a comment:

• nrubenstein
    replied
    FYI, the reason why the airbag and non-airbag switches are different is not wiring, but the steering wheel position. You'll find that airbag switch is kind of tight to the wheel.

Leave a comment:

• CurrusDei
    replied
    Originally posted by 0-60Motorsports View Post
    Beautifully put together and done my friend. Where did you get the steering wheel from? Would love to get one.

Thanks again for posting that link for the headlights.
    Thank you. I have seen some people still getting MTech 2 wheels from BMW, but mine has been re-wrapped in high quality leather. I got it on eBay - you have to be careful to look at the photos in detail and ask questions to make sure you're getting a good quality job. In my case, the leather on the wheel perfectly matches the GAHH leather seats.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X