KW coilover question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KW coilover question

The KW variant 1 and 3 e30 coilers come as one solid design. I was wondering if it would be possible to put a 5 lug hub on the coilover. My concern would be that it would mess up the brake caliper not lining up. sorry if this is a stupid question.

The E30 bearings are smaller, so you can't just swap hubs. and the KW setup uses the stock E30 parts. Basically the answer is no, unless you're buying M3 parts, which will be very expensive.

it's not a dumb question; the quest for an easy 5-lug setup on E30s is something of a holy grail. It's possible, but it either costs a shit ton of money (like M3 parts), or you have serious compromises (such as hub adapters). In the end, my personal opinion is it's just not worth it unless you already have a *really* special set of wheels that are 5-lug only. OEM 5-lug brakes are going to be much heavier than the originals, and for the cost you could just get an aftermarket 4-lug BBK which will be both cheaper and lighter (like the Massive street kit).
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Any E30 5 lug adapter will work. I use IRP front hub adapters with E46 330I brakes on E30 spindles. Has held up great to a 245/40/17 R-compound tire and was inexpensive. I needed a 17x9" wheel which is a pain to find in e30 fitment for the front without using spacers or just having poor wheel choices.

Comment

KW V3 are available with M3 spindles now for about $3k. It comes with the steering knuckle as well. You would only need the brake setup and rear hubs to complete an E30 M3 style 5-lug swap.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Can I ask why KW? Why not GC 5 lug swap specific coilovers, or BC 5 lug swap coilovers, or even Fortune Auto?

thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X