• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the car at a recent hillclimb:
    sigpic
    BumbleE30 M52 2.8i

Comment

Originally posted by IanS_in_Oz View Post
      Only custom part was the control arm bushing. Nothing stock or aftermarket worked to my satisfaction, so I designed my own using 3D CAD. My aim was for a bolt-on solution.
      Got one set machined up, and they worked perfectly. Got UUC to machine up 10 more, of which I've sold 4.
      so...you tried the e36 m3 hardware and it wasn't to your satisfaction? thats curious as it works for countless others including myself without using any custom parts. You are obviously using wheels large enough to accommodate m3 hardware...so I don't get why you claim this machined part is easier than using OEM components

here's an irrelevant picture I took at DTM Munich
      Last edited by psyber_0ptix; 08-04-2011, 02:11 PM.
      Originally posted by FredK
      However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
      Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by psyber_0ptix View Post
        so...you tried the e36 m3 hardware and it wasn't to your satisfaction? thats curious as it works for countless others including myself without using any custom parts. You are obviously using wheels large enough to accommodate m3 hardware...so I don't get why you claim this machined part is easier than using OEM components

here's an irrelevant picture I took at DTM Munich
        even using the m3 hardware and offset bushing puts your wheel a little back on the arc.. but i don't rub anymore with 10mm spacers, even on my 235/45-17 rcomps.. ran 245/40's at one point too no prob. For looks, ok maybe. For performance :down: my car is fugly as hell. All go, no show.
        No more e30s for me.
        88 black BMW OBDII 332is dedicated track [sold]
        88 BMW OBDII bronzit 332is [RIP 03/08]
        91 BMW 325i [sold]
        86 Corolla 'Ae86' HB 20v trd [sold]
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=pTj7Hn9v5Rs

Comment

Originally posted by etxxz View Post
          even using the m3 hardware and offset bushing puts your wheel a little back on the arc.. but i don't rub anymore with 10mm spacers, even on my 235/45-17 rcomps.. ran 245/40's at one point too no prob. For looks, ok maybe. For performance :down: my car is fugly as hell. All go, no show.
          How much does it sit back compared to stock, or is this just based on eyeballing

However, in your absence, I will likely sit in your seat buck naked while making racecar noises as if I were maxing your E30 out on the Mulsanne Straight while allowing the perforated vinyl to soak up my butt sweat (going 200 mph does that to you).

My year in Germany
          Feedback

Comment

based on more fingers fit on the front than the rear vs stock.
            Diego, you have a pic of yours laying around i'm sure. We talked aobut this a long time ago IIRC
            No more e30s for me.
            91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

hmm, the how many fingers fit method. I'd gladly measure out the horizontal distances from hub center to fender front and rear once I get back home...

....in September

unless someone is willing to take the time and effort

My year in Germany
              Feedback

Comment

based on more fingers fit on the front than the rear vs stock.
                Diego, you have a pic of yours laying around i'm sure. We talked aobut this a long time ago IIRC
                What exactly do you need? Pics from the machines TRH arm? Not sue if I have those but I could look for it.
                Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

no once upon a time you showed me before and after pics of your wheel centering in the arc.. pretty sure that was you. then again, i have terrible memory.
                  No more e30s for me.
                  91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

no once upon a time you showed me before and after pics of your wheel centering in the arc.. pretty sure that was you. then again, i have terrible memory.
                    Most likely I was. I think your nickname is familiar...anyways. My stability at high speeds isn't what I'm looking for with my setup. I will report later with pics and specs once installed the e36 M spindles.
                    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Originally posted by psyber_0ptix View Post
                      so...you tried the e36 m3 hardware and it wasn't to your satisfaction? thats curious as it works for countless others including myself without using any custom parts. You are obviously using wheels large enough to accommodate m3 hardware...so I don't get why you claim this machined part is easier than using OEM components...

Everything bolts on...it is that the wheel moves about 40mm towards the back of the wheel arch when using them.
                      E30 M3 offset CABs move it about 12mm forward, Treehouse Racing ones move it another 10-12mm, but that is still not quite right.
                      "Countless others" are satisfied with this, as they are using smaller wheels, or decide to put up with it.

To me this wasnt satisfactory, as the 17x8 wheels still hit the back on the inner guard.
                      So I designed my own, to give the absolute maximum castor adjustment available.

I didn't say it was easier, as there was a lot of work involved, but the result is better,
                      And now I have got a number of sets made up to make it easier for others, using all 'bolt-on" components
                      sigpic
                      BumbleE30 M52 2.8i

Comment

^^ maybe he was running other kinds of tires. i had your same problem.. hell i still have it, but i solved it with.. sorry 15mm!.. spacers

My wheel is clearly a good finger and a half behind "offcenter" if i were to measure relative with front arc.

as for Diego, high speed stability really you have problems? maybe is your alignment... mine tracks better as speeds get higher o.0. Already topped 163ish mph
                        No more e30s for me.
                        91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

^^ maybe he was running other kinds of tires. i had your same problem.. hell i still have it, but i solved it with.. sorry 15mm!.. spacers

My wheel is clearly a good finger and a half behind "offcenter" if i were to measure relative with front arc...
                          Spacers stopped mine from hitting the chassis rail, it was the inner guard that caused the problem

I'm running 215-45-17 tires and now have no scrubbing whatsoever.

A friend of mine with an E30 M3 Turbo (which also seem to have the whhels set back) fitted a set of these, and is now running 225-45-17 with no scrubbing
                          sigpic
                          BumbleE30 M52 2.8i

Comment

Originally posted by IanS_in_Oz View Post
                            Spacers stopped mine from hitting the chassis rail, it was the inner guard that caused the problem

I'm running 215-45-17 tires and now have no scrubbing whatsoever.

A friend of mine with an E30 M3 Turbo (which also seem to have the whhels set back) fitted a set of these, and is now running 225-45-17 with no scrubbing
                            That is what's happenign to mine even with my old 225/45R16 and bit worse now with my 225/45R17. The chassis rail is seriously polished lol. For parking in tight places is nasty.

But I'm not hitting rhe fender or front/rear inner gard plastics/etc.

Comment

235/45-17 NT-01's, no rubbing anywhere. I've ran 245/40%45-17's too. Just sayin.

Then again, i have no fender guards, or covers anywhere anymore. Rims are DS1 and DS2's 17x7.5? et41
                              No more e30s for me.
                              91 BMW 325i [sold]

Comment

I'm going 5 lug with e36 non m front n e36 ti on rear n I m using treehouse racing cab..just wanna know will my front be center or a bit to the back??

Comment

Working...
                                X