Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbontke View Post

Why not the sleeve on the spindle?
    I'm currently looking at brake/wheel upgrades for my 91 325. My main issue on the sleeves is that they do not work with abs without repositioning the sensor ring. The redrilled hubs do look a little thin in some spots. If the hub could be pressed out of the bearing without damaging it & a new 5 lug hub pressed in that may be the best option, but as e36 use a different bearing size one would have to be custom built.
    There are options for 4 lug bbk but they all use an aftermarket caliper, 5 lug swaps can use factory parts. Wheels are about the same price but 5x120 has more options. I'm sure hose, pads & rotors would improve the braking, but factory e30 parts will look tiny on lager wheels & may not be up to added power in the future. Tire choices are getting limited on anything below 17" so a wheel upgrade from the 14" is needed.
    Does anyone know the difference on z4m front knuckles? They have e36 strut mounting but have different part numbers from early & late e36m knuckles?
    Last edited by Caperix; 09-30-2022, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Z4M knuckles also use std E46 arms vs the bigger ball joint in the M arms. The E36 Strut mount is nice if you already have those..

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
        Z4M knuckles also use std E46 arms vs the bigger ball joint in the M arms. The E36 Strut mount is nice if you already have those..
        Do you know if there is any geometry difference in the z4m vs the e36m knuckles? If feels like the strut towers are further forward on a z4 but that may just be the extra distance to the firewall.

Comment

Working...
        X