Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off center front wheel

Hey guys I really need help on this.

I purchased this car with the five log swap already installed.

One year later I did a suspension over haul. I changed the suspension all the links control arms and what not, but now the wheel has seemed to be pushed back from where it was originally.

Maybe the pervious owner used an e46 control arm?

What I used.

e30 to e36 ground control suspension
    e36 M3 96+ Arms
    Off set arm bushing

Everything was purchased from Turner Motorsports so I doubt they sold me the wrong item.

Any help would really be great! Thanks in advance!

Here is a photo of how the wheel sits and the second photo is of the original control arm that came with the car.

did you flip the new bushing around the wrong way?
    Much wow
    I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
      did you flip the new bushing around the wrong way?
      I don't think so I even had a shop check it out while doing some other work and it looked fine.

Comment

Any other suggestions?

Comment

did u buy this car from eral or jackie?

Comment

Yeah his name was Eral! Why?

Comment

there 318ti control arms u need to get 96+ E36 M3 control arms. let me know if you have any other questions.

Comment

just reread the thread. so u changed the control arms to m3 ones now? i know originally he had the 318ti controls on there and he bent them to make them fit where he wanted them too.

Comment

Wow thats sketch. I'd look in to getting the 96+ fronts spindles and brakes. That should get you a lot closer to center.
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                  My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by DTMbimmer07 View Post
                    just reread the thread. so u changed the control arms to m3 ones now? i know originally he had the 318ti controls on there and he bent them to make them fit where he wanted them too.
                    Thanks for the reply! They don't look bent from the picture I attached or do they? I originally used e30 ones then I swapped them out to e36 m3 arms and I didn't see very much of a difference.

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                    Wow thats sketch. I'd look in to getting the 96+ fronts spindles and brakes. That should get you a lot closer to center.
                    Is there a way to know if I already have these or not? I would hate to replace all this and be in the same place :/

Thanks
                    Last edited by D-rock; 04-11-2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by D-rock View Post

Is there a way to know if I already have these or not? I would hate to replace all this and be in the same place :/

Thanks
                      96+ M3 knuckles have 907/908 Left and Right respectively stamped on the back. Check it. If it is anything else, its non-M.
                      » PARTS FOR SALE
                      » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

They also have ///M on the front of the brake calipers.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                        My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

I know for a fact that my calipers are not e36 M3, but is there still a chance I could have e36 m3 spindles? Will changing only the spindles to M move the tire that far forward?

Comment

Your control arms are the problem. They are not 96-99 M3 part.
                            Also check check at the back of the spindle, like i said.
                            What numbers are on your control arms? Are they OEM?
                            Which offset bushings are you using?

Left is E36 M3. Right is E36.

Last edited by Blackout; 04-11-2012, 04:48 PM.
                            » PARTS FOR SALE
                            » TRANSACTION FEEDBACK

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                              Your control arms are the problem. They are not 96-99 M3 part.
                              Also check check at the back of the spindle, like i said.
                              What numbers are on your control arms? Are they OEM?
                              Which offset bushings are you using?

Left is E36 M3. Right is E36.

Thanks for the reply!

They are OEM control arms but I do not remember seeing any numbers on them. I will check on that and the spindles in the morning. I doubt the spindles are M3 but I paid $200 a piece for the control arms I hope I didnt get screwed.

I am using these bushings

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                              X