New member and my 5 lug conversion

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jurt
    replied
    Originally posted by knuklehead92
    any word on the kit?
    +1
    This sounds great!

    Leave a comment:


  • knuklehead92
    replied
    any word on the kit?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmer_man
    replied
    So happy to hear you are making this kit. It is an amazing add on. I have seen that in person and it is AMAZING. When I have $2,000.00 to drop on that I will be at your shop with cash in hand.

    Leave a comment:


  • $hane
    replied
    Awesome! glad to see this happening!

    Leave a comment:


  • rongineer13
    replied
    Originally posted by Dissembler
    So no brake rotors are included in the price correct? no matter what I'm in!

    Any chance of a group buy special?
    Originally posted by knuklehead92
    if there is a group buy a little lower than 2k im in

    i got acs type 3 waiting :D
    There is most definitely a group buy coming! I am working on a deal with a new machinist so a group buy special price of about $2,000 is looking like a very real possibility.

    On another note, I have found a rear caliper and rotor combo that will now be offered as the standard rear brake set up, that has the correct parking brake diameter and is still vented; and of course is all still factory BMW parts!

    As for a little clarification on what is included in the kit, pretty much everything you need is, EXCEPT for the following: rotors, calipers, and pads. This is due to 3 reasons. First off, rotors and calipers are iron! So shipping an entire kit will cost a fortune. Second of all, there are so many different places to get calipers, used or new, that it's more cost effective for you to source your own. And lastly, there are many rotor and pad options, it is much easier for you to get what it is that you want (sadly I don't have a huge parts warehouse in my back pocket).

    BUT: a complete list of part numbers and any interchangeability between them will be included; I can and will if needed, provide caliper rebuild kits; and if you're like me and want a big box of goodies ready to bolt on, rotors and pads can be included for an additional cost.

    I will have an update for everyone regarding the group but soon. I can tell you right now that the price will drop for every 5 people who commit.

    Happy holidays!

    Leave a comment:


  • knuklehead92
    replied
    if there is a group buy a little lower than 2k im in

    i got acs type 3 waiting :D

    Leave a comment:


  • Dissembler
    replied
    So no brake rotors are included in the price correct? no matter what I'm in!

    Any chance of a group buy special?

    Leave a comment:


  • mashpro
    replied
    It's about time!!!!!!! Sign me up!! Can't wait to see this kit in person on Wednesday.

    Leave a comment:


  • rongineer13
    replied
    Originally posted by Eydreeyun
    Sweet, did you use e46m3 caliper for the front too? Or an e36 m3 caliper work? Definitely down to pick one up, and I'm local.
    I used an E36 M3 front caliper because they are far cheaper and easier to get ahold of! Sounds great, you are more than welcome to come up to Auburn and check it all out in person if that's something you would like to do!

    Originally posted by bmw335isturbo
    when do you expect the kit will be ready to ship?
    I hope before the year is done.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmw335isturbo
    replied
    when do you expect the kit will be ready to ship?

    Leave a comment:


  • Eydreeyun
    replied
    Originally posted by rongineer13
    You get between the stock E30 and E36 front offset, and yes the E30 M3 rear offset. And currently, only the E46 M3 rear rotor works with the caliper and bracket, as the E46 M3 rear rotor is larger in diameter than the E36 M3 rear rotor.
    Sweet, did you use e46m3 caliper for the front too? Or an e36 m3 caliper work? Definitely down to pick one up, and I'm local.

    Leave a comment:


  • rongineer13
    replied
    You get between the stock E30 and E36 front offset, and yes the E30 M3 rear offset. And currently, only the E46 M3 rear rotor works with the caliper and bracket, as the E46 M3 rear rotor is larger in diameter than the E36 M3 rear rotor.

    Leave a comment:


  • Eydreeyun
    replied
    So you get e36m3 offset for the front and e30m3 rear? in addition, you can choose either e36m3 rotor or e46 rotor?

    Leave a comment:


  • rongineer13
    replied
    Originally posted by Deathtoll
    I have a set of 18x85 BBC CH rims with 35ET and e36 fitment.

    I also have UUC BBK for the e30.. Would something like this allow me to mount these on my e30?
    Your BBS wheels will most definitely fit! And as for the UUC BBK, that will only fit the stock 4 lug set up, my kit fully replaces all of that, gives you E36 front hubs and E46 M3 brakes all around...much much larger than the UUC kit.

    Originally posted by einstein57
    How much?
    Originally posted by chop_suey
    give us a ball park of the price of this kit.
    And in response to how much, my ball park price for a FULL KIT is $2000 to $2500, which is going to include the following:
    -all custom front hub adapters, rotor spacers, front and rear caliper brackets, all new required hardware, new rear trailing arm to caliper brake lines
    -brand new factory front E36 M3 hubs/wheel bearings
    -brand new factory E30 M3 rear hub flanges
    -brand new factory E30 rear wheel bearings
    -all machined parts will be fully zinc coated; kit will come with fully detailed installation instructions
    -custom parking brake shoes with factory fit and function in order to fully retain the parking brake with no modification to the system
    -ABS STILL WORKS!
    -and please keep in mind, due to a lack of consistent caliper supply and people's different preference of rotors and pads, this kit does not include them.

    This kit is purposed to be the most badass brake set up you can get for your badass E30 for the money, and retain factory quality and all functionality. I am running my stock booster and master cylinder, and my stock fitment braided front brake lines, and with no need to upgrade them.

    Timing wise, I now have exactly a month today on the set up without a single issue!
    Last edited by rongineer13; 11-07-2012, 04:49 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • chop_suey
    replied
    give us a ball park of the price of this kit.

    Leave a comment:

Working...