New member and my 5 lug conversion
Collapse
X
-
UPDATE!! Group buy is now in session, for those of you who want, come get: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...33#post3631133Leave a comment:
-
The group buy was posted about 2 minutes ago!
Nick, they both require a spacer. Otherwise the rotor hits the control arm :sad: a 2 piece rotor is an option though, if you're looking for every last mm of wheel to fender clearance.Leave a comment:
-
Ron, would the standard e46 rotor require a spacer as well, or is that only for the M rotors?Leave a comment:
-
Okay cool, just making sure I was on the same page as you! It appears an E36 328i caliper over an E46 325i rotor will work out very nicely. That will give you a good amount of clearance.Yes I know. I was more concerned with if the rotor would be centered on the plane you made your caliper centerline. The caliper can be moved in/out radially to match the rotor diameter.
From what I read the 16" style 5 works with the e36m3 full setup so there should be plenty of radial clearance and axial clearance to the inside wheel face.
Thank you! And in response to the hub and the previous reply, wazzu70 is correct, these are factory hubs here. There's no less material around the holes on these hubs than any others. I have an E92 335i front hub assembly sitting on my desk at home and there is the same amount of material around the outer radius of the lug holes.
+1Leave a comment:
-
-
A concern of mine is the hub stud/wheel bolt holes not having enough material on the outer edge.
Still congrats!Leave a comment:
-
Yes I know. I was more concerned with if the rotor would be centered on the plane you made your caliper centerline. The caliper can be moved in/out radially to match the rotor diameter.
From what I read the 16" style 5 works with the e36m3 full setup so there should be plenty of radial clearance and axial clearance to the inside wheel face.Leave a comment:
-
Okay thanks. I was asking more in regards to how much caliper clearance there would be to play with on the back side of the wheel. It's not an issue of hat depth. It's an issue of diameter and with that, the smaller the rotor, the further inwards the caliper carrier moves towards the spindle.Leave a comment:
-
16" Style 5 for now, but like to keep options open.
From what I can find the e46 and e36 rotors have the same hat depth so they should be interchangable.Leave a comment:
-
Okay I did a little test fitting yesterday. With some minor modifications, E46 330i brakes will fit my set up! And, according to some threads I found on E46Fanatics, higher offset 16" wheels will fit over the 330i brakes. I still have yet to test fit an E46 325i brakes, I'm trying to find a caliper.
Any chance you can tell me what wheel you would like to use?Leave a comment:
-
Finding out if the regular E36 discs or E36 M3 discs fit would be awesome. For myself, I would like to keep 16" wheels as an option :)
If the discs line up and its just a matter of making a different caliper bracket, thats not a big issue.Leave a comment:
-
This is without a doubt a quality kit. Great job putting this together.
I have driven Ron's car and the brakes feel amazing, way better than on my M3!Leave a comment:
-
Here's a few more pictures, as promised. Please excuse the fact that the calipers do not have pads in them. I left the pad sets at work this afternoon!
Here is a better picture of what will be included (the brake lines and hub centrics aren't shown), but no spindles, rotors, calipers or trailing arms are included :p

Front close up. 2 German 5 lug hubs, 2 caliper brackets, 2 front hub adaptors, 2 rotor spacers, and 2 rotor centrics.

Rear close up. 2 E30 M3 rear hubs/drive flanges, 2 FAG rear wheel bearings, 2 caliper brackets. Shown with an E39 aluminum rear caliper and E46 rear rotor. THE PARKING BRAKE STILL WORKS!

Back shot of the front caliper/caliper bracket. Notice all that nice room for the ABS sensor to stay in its home! Don't mind the less than perfectly clean bolts...

And finally a back shot of the rear caliper and caliper bracket. New braided stainless steel soft lines will be included to properly address where that brake line comes out of the caliper, for those of you looking at it!
Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: