Gemballa E30 Suspension Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gemballa E30 Suspension Help

Hey everyone, I recently picked up a Gemblla E30 and I am trying to fix some of the minor issues that it has. Currently it has some fitment issues, and it rubs pretty bad at full lock and if I have any real weight in the back seats. I am looking for the best way to fix some of the wheel tuck, and rubbing issues. I am thinking a little stiffer springs and spacers, but I have no clue where to even start. I don't know what is on the car either to go from, I am planning on getting a lift to get it in the air so I can get some better info to give.

Are the springs broken? Does it have different wheels then the original Gemballa ones?

Assume any car with wide wheels, wide fenders, lowered will benefit from steering rack stops.
    Last edited by moatilliatta; 02-28-2022, 06:04 AM.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
      Are the springs broken? Does it have different wheels then the original Gemballa ones?

Assume any car with wide wheels, wide fenders, lowered will benefit from steering rack stops.
      Honestly, I don't know what the original Gemballa wheels are. I am trying to get in contact with Gemballa to see if they have an original spec sheet for it. But the springs seem like they may be worn out, but I am not sure however. I am getting it on a lift this weekend to take a good look at the car. Currently it has some 80's looking Panasports on it, the front is running 225/50/15 on 4x100, the rears are 265/50/15 on 4x100. The rear has a pretty deep offset as well. I also didn't think of steering rack stops, that's a smart suggestion. But with the rear rubbing, even 150lbs in the backseat makes it rub pretty regularly if the front seats are being used. I am worried about doing damage to the body kit or blowing a tire if I keep it how it is set now.

Comment

You bought this? https://www.conceptcarz.com/z29863/gemballa-e30.aspx

This particular example is a BMW E30 Gemballa powered by a 2.5-liter six-cylinder engine mated to a five-speed manual transmission. It was built in Leonberg, Germany and is possibly the only E30 BMW in the United States.

More here:

Crazy... Nice.. Looks like custom wheels..

Did you buy it from this guy?

Or is there another one that made it to US? If so post some pics..

Comment

Working...
        X