E30 front roll center correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E30 front roll center correction

BMW E30 M3 Performance - This site is dedicated to the BMW E30 M3. Covers tips on maintaining and modifying these unique cars.Installations of custom and aftermarket performance products are also highlighted.

Has anyone seen a kit or anything else like this? I don't think (I really don't know) the 30mm of outboard correction offered by the bump/ roll center correctors will be enough for how low I'd like to take my car.

Originally posted by hopeful View Post
    https://www.e30sport.net/tech_articl...comp/index.htm

Has anyone seen a kit or anything else like this? I don't think (I really don't know) the 30mm of outboard correction offered by the bump/ roll center correctors will be enough for how low I'd like to take my car.
    That would be an extensive kit, and certainly require a competent welder.
    Notching the front subframe and swapping to heim joints is decidedly racecar territory.

Comment

Originally posted by Panici View Post

That would be an extensive kit, and certainly require a competent welder.
      Notching the front subframe and swapping to heim joints is decidedly racecar territory.

I agree completely. What's referenced to in the link is exactly that. Really all I want to achieve is proper and even perhaps adjustable roll center using the inner pickup point. Off the top of my head, maybe a longer control arm (e46?) and a modified insert for the inner pickup point.

I'm wondering if this exists maybe across the pond, I don't speak the other e30 European languages and don't really know how to search their forums/ local stores.

Comment

Could this be an option? Seems a little less extreme

BMW E30 / E36 / E46 - Roll-center / bump steer / angle -kit – MRT Engineering

Comment

Originally posted by Hrodebert View Post
          Could this be an option? Seems a little less extreme

BMW E30 / E36 / E46 - Roll-center / bump steer / angle -kit – MRT Engineering
          Why do you need one? When lowering your car (BMW E30 / E36 / E46) the front end geometry goes wrong. The main purpose of the kit is to correct these geometry issues.The steering adapter changes control arm pivot point vertical distance by 30mm correcting the roll-center and camber curve.Tie rod end pivot point is also changed by 30mm in vertical direction which corrects the bump steer curve, the pivot point is additionally moved closer to the control arm pivot point changing the lever ratio which gives you quick steering ratio.Perfect triangular control arm design allows very rigid, lightweight construction that in addition of all other benefits stated above, is highly desired for circuit racing applications. All control dimensions are adjustable, this also allows use of many different combinations such as spindle/knuckle swap on other chassis for example E30 5-lug swap. Does it fit my car? The kit can be combined with most of the E30 / E36 / E46 chassis, knuckles/spindles and tie rods. See available variations: Chassis: E30 non-M / E30 M3 ** E36 non-M / Z3 non-M / E36 M3 / Z3M E46 non-M / Z4 non-M E46 M3 / Z4M * Spindle/knuckle: E30 non-M E36 / Z3 non-M E36 M3 3.0 E36 M3 3.2 / Z3M E46 / Z4 non-M E46 M3 / Z4M Control arm width: Standard +30mm (+60mm total) Is it easy to install? Installing the kit is only recommended for enthusiasts with knowledge of car repairs and welding skills. Welding is required for both subframe mount and extra weld bung for the rear bracket. If you need any further info please contact us! How about the lifetime and service of the kit? The kits have been proven on street and track applications by hundreds of our customers. We're constantly doing R&D to make the kits even better, all improvements are based on customer feedback which is very important to us.We have proven the very same bearings with no maintenance for 20,000 kilometers, through the year, in daily use without signs of excessive wear. When the bearing life comes to an end, they're easily replaceable! Bearings are available around the world from automotive and industrial dealers and any of the spare parts can be also bought separately from us. We want to keep our customers 100% happy thus we're only using the best materials and manufacturing processes available. CNC machined parts; arms, rods and steering adapters are made of aerospace grade AW-7075 aluminum, highest quality CrMo tool steel and Grade 5 titanium is used on control arm mounting studs and fasteners, rear brackets are TIG welded structural steel. We use DHL Express shipping for all items. Please find your order tracking information from DHL website.

It exists, thank you. Will begin to start saving the pennies.

Comment

Front suspension basics (MacPherson -type) Camber, caster, caster trail, KPI, scrub radius, roll-center, toe angle and bump steer explained The ultimate front suspension geometry guide for BMW E30/E36/E46 by MRT Engineering Introduction Chapter 1: E30 front suspension 1.1 Baseline 1.2 Geometry correction 1.3 Suspension

I have to say, the suspension analysis done by MRT is just a treasure. I really hope he completes the rest of it as so far it's been a very good read.

Comment

Working...
            X