what do i need for new susp install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what do i need for new susp install?

I'm planning to install a Koni SA/IE Stage 3 Race Springs Combo. I was just wondering what all I needed to get in the way of replacing mounts and whatnot.

Good combo.

You dont HAVE to replace anything, however assuming nothing was ever replaced, it'd be a good idea to do so right now. Rear shock mounts, Upper strut mounts, etc.....
    Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
    EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
    FullOpp Stickers for sale!
    NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
    Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
    ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

Yeah, get new rear shock mounts and strut bearings. Also get new front and rear swaybar links.
      Originally posted by Gruelius
      and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Bare minimum would be the Rear Shock Mounts and the Front Strut Bearings. I also did tie rods, control arms, control arm bushings, and sway links, but I'm obcessive. ;)

Look at the kit from Turner, they have all the screws, so you don't have to reuse the self-locking ones on the car currently.
        The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

I'd also recommend replacing all the locking nut hardware that you remove. Its cheap and a good safety measure.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by hamann318is
            Bare minimum would be the Rear Shock Mounts and the Front Strut Bearings. I also did tie rods, control arms, control arm bushings, and sway links, but I'm obcessive. ;)

Look at the kit from Turner, they have all the screws, so you don't have to reuse the self-locking ones on the car currently.
            link?

Comment

Re: what do i need for new susp install?

Originally posted by robert325is
              I'm planning to install a Koni SA/IE Stage 3 Race Springs Combo. I was just wondering what all I needed to get in the way of replacing mounts and whatnot.
              That set up you're about to install is something I'm considering when I have to re-vamp my suspension. I just e-mailed Jeff Ireland the other day and threw a few questions at him about the stage 3 springs. They sound like good street/track components.

As for the parts you need: definately get RSMs (at least E46 grade or aftermarket), strut bearings and hardware like the bits TJ mentioned. You will have everything apart....so why cut corners?

Have you thought about getting fixed or adjustable camber plates? Now would be the time to do it.

Jon
              Rides...
              1991 325i - sold :(
              2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Re: what do i need for new susp install?

Originally posted by Jon325i
                Have you thought about getting fixed or adjustable camber plates? Now would be the time to do it.

Jon
                yah i have... im no sure what would be better to go with though.. i do mostly daily driving and dont plan on having much track time

Comment

Remember that nylock nuts are single use only. You should have those on hand. I just did my suspension this weekend, and for all the hardware it was about $40 as the stealership.

Comment

Working...
                  X