Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATE calipers lightly dragging, ABS may actually be the issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATE calipers lightly dragging, ABS may actually be the issue?

Has anyone had an issue with reman ATE calipers not retracting enough and lightly dragging on the rotor? The pedal is also a longer than I'm comfortable with. The ABS system isn't active so I wonder if it has something to do with that? I'm using a known good E32 master cylinder and known good booster.

Originally posted by 1point8litre View Post
    Has anyone had an issue with reman ATE calipers not retracting enough and lightly dragging on the rotor? The pedal is also a longer than I'm comfortable with. The ABS system isn't active so I wonder if it has something to do with that? I'm using a known good E32 master cylinder and known good booster.
    how are the hoses and hard lines ? a crimped hard line or a collapsed hose can trap brake fluid creating pressure causing the brakes to drag.

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post

how are the hoses and hard lines ? a crimped hard line or a collapsed hose can trap brake fluid creating pressure causing the brakes to drag.
      I'll double check. The hoses are new, but the front lines are original. Maybe something is clogging it. I'm going to bypass the abs unit with a jumper line to see if that may be effecting it too.

Comment

have you inspected the brakes calipers and possibly considered rebuilding them? I learned recently that the caliper piston seal is one of the major factors in pulling the piston back.

Comment

You're talking about a lot of potentially unrelated issues here.

Dragging on rotor -- might need to be rebuilt

Pedal longer -- you are running an MC not sized for your calipers. It is not the upgrade that the forums make it seem. Could be related, could just be tapered brake pads.

ABS not active -- this is not related to either of the two above issues

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
          X