Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demlotcrew
    Originally posted by Jordan
    Rear sumbframe bushings book time is 4.7hrs.
    What!! BMW only charged me one hours labour about a month ago!

This is what i used to change my bushes to the eccentric ones for better less camber.

Andrew
    You are quite brave to be doing that on gravel. Mad props. :D

How did that work to dial out camber? I may end up needing to do that too...
    - Sean Hayes

Comment

I did these yesterday using a sawsall and it took about 10 minutes per side to get them out. Of course the subframe was already off the car (its an extra). If you have a sawsall, just cut the center out then cut through the metal surround at 2 different points. Once done, it will just push out with a little hammering.

Be careful not to cut into the subframe though.
      Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

demlotcrew: those are trailing arm bushings, not subframe.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

demlotcrew: those are trailing arm bushings, not subframe.
          I was posting about the top title.
          Driving is the only way to go faster....

Comment

Sean, well the eccentric bushes rotate the arm in reduce negative camber its in the Bentley manual (section 6.3, figure 6-18) shows graph to tell you how much toe change you get depending on which position you fit the ecc. bushes, anything from -1.0mm to +1.0mm.

HTH

Digital, yeah i know this! it maybe a little in appropriate of my as it doesnt go with the title of the thread but some guys were talking about it on the last page.

Anyway BMW charged me one hours labour to do the subframe bushes.

Andrew

Andrew AT E30zone.co.uk | H23-is | S14

Comment

Originally posted by ultima
              Any chance on getting that link to work on that video?
              I'd like to see it as well.

Comment

Here a crappy video of burnning the bushings out.

Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by coupeowner
                  #2 is accessed from under the back seat. May take an air hammer to pop it up. The bushings can be removed w/ the subframe in place but it requires a tool or a torch. Being that you can make a tool for a few bucks,

I would go that way.

How do you access that #2 bolt from under the back seat. I pulled my back seat out and dont see any way to get at it. I made the tool you listed there and my bushings are going to be here on tuesday.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by SHADYB

That bolt

Comment

Im pretty sure that this is where your suppose to access the bolt but the hole was filled some rubber. I got most of it out with a screw driver and at the bottome of the hole its just sheet metal.... What gives?

Is the '91 318is different? Can I not access the long bolt from under the back seat?

I was planning on taking out the bushings without removing the whole subframe. Any input would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks
                      Attached Files

Comment

Nevermind, the bolt doesnt have a regular head on it, it has a flat circular head on it and threw me off.

I got it out.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves
                          Torching the bushings is the quickest way to get them out ... and it's much more fun!
                          is that what you were doing on that car?:) haha...
                          Last edited by kowalski; 10-17-2005, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Hey demlotcrew, can you give me some dimensions of the tool you made? What size pipe, and rod is that?

Comment

Are "91" 318is rear sub frames the same as the 325's?

Thanks Happy

Comment

how difficult is it to get the rear subframe out of the car, i think i might change to ss lines and replace whatever bushings i can find in Urethane
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
                                X