• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How hard were the tie rods to do?
    Originally posted by blunttech
    r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

they were easy theyre held in by a locking clip, all you gotta do is bend the clip the opposite way and get some channellocks and unscrew them.

Comment

air or electric impact should pull them off, a socket wrench will just spin the joint.

Comment

I don't know, its such a tight space. Don't think I could get an impact wrench in there. Its the drivers side
          2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
          (Daily Driver)
          Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
          KW V2 Coilovers
          VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

if you mean to remove from the strut assembly, i used a swivel socket and works perfectly with air tool. just make sure if you dont use a pickle fork, screw the nut by hand and hammer it and it should come off.

Comment

nope, subframe
              2014 Alpine White 335i MSport
              (Daily Driver)
              Full Mperformance Aero

2007 Black Sapphire Metallic E92 335i (6MT)
              KW V2 Coilovers
              VRSF Catless Downpipes

Comment

Just did both control arms today. My tool of choice is the torch Haha just torch the Shit out of anything and it comes off like butter.

Comment

Originally posted by matt0300 View Post
                  Just did both control arms today. My tool of choice is the torch Haha just torch the Shit out of anything and it comes off like butter.
                  lol I was really close on using a torch as well.

Comment

So i got a 22mm socket and a flex head wrench, but i can't get it to fit over the nut on the driver side! Any tips?

Comment

http://www.lowes.com/pd_337621-25428...7C1&facetInfo=

So i ended up going to Lowe's and picking up a 7/8s combo wrench...7/8s is pretty much 22mm....couldn't have done it without this tool.

I had to remove the sway bar...I'm not sure but the passenger side was 10x harder than the driver side....

Comment

I did both sides yesterday. Passenger side was harder, but I was able to get it done with a standard 22mm wrench I snagged from NAPA. It was a very tedious process, I had to turn it slightly, rotate wrench, and repeat about a million times. I did most of the loosening above through the engine bay, and found a hole above the sway bar to fit my hand and tighten it from underneath. I guess I got lucky.. Only issue I had was that I broke one of the sway link brackets, but luckily there's a guy about an hour away parting and e30 who hooked me up.

Front end feels way better.

For clarity, I did not remove the sway bar. I did remove the heat shield.

1986 325e - RIP
                        1987 528e - Sold
                        1989 325iX - Parted Out
                        1991 318iS - Sold
                        1991 325iS - Current

Comment

I ended up using an angle grinder and cutting the ball joint stud from underneath. I was able to get it most of the way out and then the nut got stuck. There's a bunch of shit there on a 325 so I didn't want to torch.

After the stud was cut I grabbed the end with vise grips and put a wrench on the nut to finish it off.

For the right side, I cut a 7/8" gear wrench in half and used that in there. Was way easier than fighting a regular wrench or crowfoot.
                          - Josh
                          1990 325is

Need a shift boot?
                          Looking to buy shift boot frames, PM if you have one to sell

Here's what happens when you let the internet pick your license plate

Comment

Working...
                          X