Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suspension noise

Hi,
    took me few days Ans finally have new shocks all around.
    previous shocks were completely flat at the front and back were seized. No wonder the car was bouncing (new car to me).
    The car ride much better with the belstein b8 and Eibach lowering springs but I still hear some noise and I think it’s from the upgraded sway bar polyethylene bushings.
    I had same situation with my 72 2002 abs was dead quiet after I removed them.

I will change them and was wondering what is recommended choice.
    no track no racing just street driving.
    thank you
    Attached Files

Someone on here shared a trick for the swaybar bushings, which was to wrap the swaybar with PTFE plumbers' tape instead of grease.
    Supposedly it eliminates the noise from the polyurethane bushing.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
      Someone on here shared a trick for the swaybar bushings, which was to wrap the swaybar with PTFE plumbers' tape instead of grease.
      Supposedly it eliminates the noise from the polyurethane bushing.
      Aye that was me. Still going strong on my car. Have done a track day and 5-6k miles since on my e30. Still working in my vette too which has a bunch more miles and a few off road excursions through the dirt at the track.

Comment

If properly greased the poly should not make any noise. There is a special type of grease intended for poly bushing lubrication. It does not last forever, and it needs to be reapplied periodically.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
        X