Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early model E30 lowest lowering rear springs???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early model E30 lowest lowering rear springs???

Hey guys i have an early model coupe e30 1985 and im struggeling to find the right lowering springs to match them with my short koni's sport in the rear. I have 17x10 wheels in the rear and i want to close the wheel fender gap. I would appreciate it if you can list for me all the rear spring models that i should consider with specs (lenght, diameter etc...)? a 5'' (2.5'' diameter) is low enough for a high arch E30? The early model E30 is a real pain in the ass to lower it because of it's high rear arch compared to the late models

im considering the GC coilover conversion kit showing on the picture and i was wondering how low they can get without running the adjusters in the rear?

I use the GC coilovers. But I also have a late model. Maybe Swift springs would work.
    (I also need to lower my front. so if you look at pics don't judge to hard)

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...430-my-88-seta

Comment

I'm running 4" Eibachs in the rear with GC conversion kit adjusters. There's still a little room to go lower.

The rear GC perches use 2.25 ID springs.

(Front strut housings were also shortened 2")

Comment

I'm running the GC kit as well and I believe I'm on 4" rear springs with room to go lower like WestCoastEta said.
        Sitting on 205/50-15s and the front housings are stock length on 6" springs with room to drop as well.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Soda Not Pop View Post
          I use the GC coilovers. But I also have a late model. Maybe Swift springs would work.
          (I also need to lower my front. so if you look at pics don't judge to hard)
          Do you know the model of the Swift rear springs that would work?

Comment

Originally posted by WestCoastEta View Post
            I'm running 4" Eibachs in the rear with GC conversion kit adjusters. There's still a little room to go lower.

The rear GC perches use 2.25 ID springs.

(Front strut housings were also shortened 2")
            ok so when i order the GC conversion kit i should ask for the 4'' Eibachs to be able to go as low as i want? because i beleive they put 5.5'' on their website, i didn't know the lenght of the spring is customizable

Comment

Originally posted by iXguido View Post
              I'm running the GC kit as well and I believe I'm on 4" rear springs with room to go lower like WestCoastEta said.
              Sitting on 205/50-15s and the front housings are stock length on 6" springs with room to drop as well.

Are you able to lower it to close the gap completley in the rear with the adjusters? and how low it would go without the adjusters on the 4'' springs?

Comment

Originally posted by DAN-E30 View Post

Do you know the model of the Swift rear springs that would work?
                Unfortunately I do not, But you can email GC and they should be able to help you get it sorted. I believe they will use different springs, or whatever works in your favor. You may have to go with a true coilover in the rear.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

Comment

I bought the springs directly from Eibach but I imagine GC can probably hook you up with the right one

Comment

Here are some other options as well. But like I said GC should be able to help you out.

Condor Speed Shop offers multiple variations of the KW Automotive coilover system. We offer Version 1 features and Version 3 features of the coilover kit.

88' Seta 2.7i Zinno

Comment

I bought the springs directly from Eibach but I imagine GC can probably hook you up with the right one
                      ok perfect i will send them an email for sure, thanks man

Comment

Originally posted by It's Soda Not Pop View Post
                        Here are some other options as well. But like I said GC should be able to help you out.

https://www.condorspeedshop.com/prod...31568689922094
                        yes these are nice for sure but expensive

Comment

one more question for you how low you get in the rear on the 4'' springs with and without the adjusters?

Comment

Are you able to lower it to close the gap completley in the rear with the adjusters? and how low it would go without the adjusters on the 4'' springs?
                            Yes that is certainly possible. If the adjusters were removed in the rear with 4" springs the wheel would be rubbing inside the fender.

As @It's Soda Not Pop said, contact GC when you order and tell them exactly what you want and they will set you up. This is my third coil-over kit I've bought from them and they've been able to get me exactly what I need every time.

Keep in mind that if you goo that low you will need to weld in camber adjusters in the rear or you will be destroying the insides of your tires.

Comment

one more question for you how low you get in the rear on the 4'' springs with and without the adjusters?
                              mine are set here, so probably like an inch?

Comment

Working...
                              X