Can Z4M Coupe coilovers fits on E30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Z4M Coupe coilovers fits on E30?

I have access to a set of KW Clubsport from my previous Z4M Coupe. I am wondering if I can install them on my E30 318is if I do a 5-lugs conversion using 96-99 E36 M3 front control arms and spindles and rear Z4 2.5 hubs?

I already plan to do a 5-lugs swap anyway but was looking at GC coilovers or E30 (M3) KW V3 for 5lugs.

2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca Blue/M-Texture 6mt
    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril Blue/Black 6mt
    2019 BMW G01 X3M40i Phytonic Blue/Individual Tartufo​

Id say the rear shocks will probably be to long. And you better have a plan to get 11* of caster down to 7-8* with E36M stuff.

The fronts would work on an E36, I don't see why they wouldn't work on E30. E36M brake kit is way to much for a 318E30 though.

Id just sell them and spec out a proper KW set for a 318 spec car. Oh better yet get the E30M KW front kit while they're still around.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
      Id say the rear shocks will probably be to long. And you better have a plan to get 11* of caster down to 7-8* with E36M stuff.

The fronts would work on an E36, I don't see why they wouldn't work on E30. E36M brake kit is way to much for a 318E30 though.

Id just sell them and spec out a proper KW set for a 318 spec car. Oh better yet get the E30M KW front kit while they're still around.
      Plan is to do a full resto of the E30, it’s going to be a streetable track car mainly, shell is pretty much rust free. Looking for a S54 swap (but sold my spare S54 engine to a friend not long ago...) That’s the reason I want to do 5-lugs swap to fit bigger brakes. I also have a set of BBS RS211 that will be the street setup.

Can the caster be bring back with GC camber caster plates?

Can I still use the shock if I get tall mounts RSM?

Comment

Id use suspension designed for the car. E30M with a BBK would be the best option with least amount of modification that just works right. Most people who just want 5 lug to LOOK good and cruise... Sure go for E36M stuff.. I guess.

There is not enough ADJ with stock parts and stock pick up points to bring the caster back down.

Caster isn't the problem, the deference in caster trail is.
        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/general-forums/members-rides/the-project-forum/382742-entropy-21-reasons-why-celebrities-love-this-workout-program?q=caster
        https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forum/general-forums/members-rides/the-project-forum/382742-entropy-21-reasons-why-celebrities-love-this-workout-program?q=castor

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
        @Zakspeed_US

Comment

ok thanks for the answer. I think I will forget the Z4MC coilovers than ;)

Comment

Working...
          X